Windows 98SE / Vista 32bit dualboot

Offler

i tried vista yesterday, i need newer windows on my PC for some compatibility betatests (and sometimes to show some stubborn heads that problem is not Win9x related).

only way i found is to use two harddisks. Since i have SCSI controller it would not be a problem to add so much disks i need, but i am just curious if somebody suceeded vista on FAT32 side by side with Win9x.

I have been trying, but no luck at this point I would think you would have to install 98 on on HD and on you primary HD edit boot.ini (if vista has boot.ini never had a chance to look) a method i found that may work edit the boot options through System Propertes >> Advanced >> Startup and Recovery

it may only work with Xp though Pic shows what im talking about.

http://q6mcwg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1ps05...t%20Setings.jpg

not sure if any of this will help I just use Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 to run my 98 software

i am just curious if somebody suceeded vista on FAT32 side by side with Win9x.

I don't know whether he also has Win 9x/ME on his machine, I guess not. But the great Dietmar has succeeded at installing Vista on FAT-32 and wrote a tutorial on how to do it. (link) See the post my link points to and the one immediately following it. HTH

Edited by dencorso