nLite issue, need help.

Zayne

Exactly, when I click Display Properties > Appearance, no themes show up there except for Classic. The themes are currently working on my running system just fine as far as I can tell.

Edited by Zayne

So the files got to be in "WINDOWS\Recources" on the fresh install, too.

What happens if you open one of the .theme-files?

And what about the service "Designs" - is it running?

Edited by g-force

Right now or with the slipstreamed install? I've never tried running them on my current installation because they work just fine. I'm about to test the new Slipstreamed disc in VMWare momentarily, it's almost finished installing windows.

I just tried opening the .theme files, this is what it said:

"The theme could not be loaded because the theme service is not running. You can turn the service on in the Computer Management Administrative Tool in the Control Panel.". Shouldn't this service be running by default? It's strange that it isn't.

Edited by Zayne

Shouldn't this service be running by default?

Yes, it should be set to "Automatic" by default. In your "LS.ini" are no different settings.

Is it set to "Automatic"? If it is not running, can you start the service manually?

If not, is there a message?

Shouldn't this service be running by default?

Yes, it should be set to "Automatic" by default. In your "LS.ini" are no different settings.

Is it set to "Automatic"? If it is not running, can you start the service manually?

If not, is there a message?

It was set to Automatic by default, but the service was not running by default. Why is this and where is this setting in nLite so that it's on by default?

P.S - I opened Luna.theme and it works, now just for figuring out the setting so that's Automatic and the themes services is started upon first boot as well.

Edited by Zayne

I don't know why don't you want to listen to me, but .NetFramework is causing this and there may be other problems that you are also not aware. I can't explain why it causes the problems, you can find this info by searching the forum. If you want NetFramework RunOnce addons or svcpack addons that works 100% go here and download it.

Cheers ;)

Zayne, this tells us that your themes are getting to your installed Windows. As I understand it, when you right click your desktop and click Appearances that your themes are not there - true? Go into the Themes folder on your installed system and find one of your themes, that does not show up, and double click the .msstyles file. See if your theme will become active after you click Apply on the window that pops up. Next is to run the experiment I suggested. Best, John.

I tried using the installation packs for the .NET Framework versions from the MS DL Center website (I also used the commands you suggested in the RunOnce tab) and it didn't work, 5-8 errors popped up and none of them installed. Is there something I was missing?

Thanks mara, but I'm not registering to a forum just to download it, heh.

Cheers

Edited by Zayne

Zayne, have you run the experiment I suggested?

To get a handle on the .NET problems, please post links to the .Net files you used, screen shots of the errors, the code you ran from the RunOnce and your latest Last Session.ini. Have fun, John.

Here's the links to the .Net Framework installers:

.Net Framework 2.0

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...dd-aab15c5e04f5

.Net Framework 3.0

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...f5-25634c3bf043

.Net Framework 3.5

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...31-508d977d32a6

Here is the Last Session and screenshots:

Last_Session.ini

post-233392-1235880659_thumb.jpg

post-233392-1235880672_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zayne