nLite issue, need help.

Zayne

Reverting back to VMWare Workstation 6.0 worked, thanks. On the bad side, even after enabling the Uxtheme option under Patches, I'm still once again stuck with the Win98 look and WinXP along with my Zune theme are nowhere to be found (though everything else seems to work just fine). Yawn?

Zayne,you need to attach your latest Last Session.ini. Did you correct your hot fix order? See this site for the correct order. Just DL and extract the file and open it with notepad. Please notice that the updates are listed top to bottom in reverse order. Enjoy, John.

Remove this and problem will be solved.

D:\KB\DotNetFx_All_In_1_Addon_v2.4.7z

If you want to install NetFramework it's recommended that you do that via RunOnce because it's known that installing via svcpack can cause problems.

Cheers ;)

Remove this and problem will be solved.

D:\KB\DotNetFx_All_In_1_Addon_v2.4.7z

If you want to install NetFramework it's recommended that you do that via RunOnce because it's known that installing via svcpack can cause problems.

Cheers ;)

That's causing the problems with all the Themes being missing? I downloaded this - DotNetFx_All_In_1_Addon_v2.4.7z - from somewhere that said it would install perfectly in nLite if it was added to the hotfix page. Would it work if I added the same file to the RunOnce you mentioned and all the Themes would be there?

Cheers!

Edited by Zayne

Zayne, I just discovered by reading the help (? in circle) on the nLite Hot Fix page, that nLite will oder your hot fixes for you. That addon is designed to be integrated and will not work in the RunOnce exit but you could run the installer from the RunOnce exit. DL the installer from MS DL center and use the /Passive /NoRestart switches to keep it from asking you questions and restarting your computer. I really have no idea if removing this addon will fix your problems but I have my doubts. Where do you stand now? Are themes still missing? If so attach one (if not too large) so we can take a look. Enjoy, John.

Yes, I don't know what's up. I enabled the Uxtheme option under the Patches tab and put every single update and hotfix in order, but I tried the new ISO I made last night in VMWare and the Themes are still missing, I mean all the themes are missing except Win98 Classic. Also, what's wrong with that all in one .NET addon? Something wrong with it I need to know about?

Cheers.

Edited by Zayne

@Zayne

The themes you`re including are fully functional on your running system (from where they are taken)?

Is the service "Designs" running in your Testinstall?

BTW: Your .NET-Addon is taken from HERE.

Yes, The only downloaded theme I have (which works perfectly) is the Zune theme directly from MS. But including missing that, even the default Windows XP Theme (normally Blue upon first boot) is missing as well, and in Display options, the only selectable theme that is shown Windows Classic, which is on on first boot.

Edited by Zayne

Zayne, please look in your C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes folder on your installed system and post a screen shot of a Windows Explorer view of it. Also, please post you latest Last Session.ini. I suggest you begin some experiments to narrow the problem down. First, perhaps, remove all your hot fixes and addons, build an ISO and install (I hope you are using a virtual system - perfect for this). Let us know what you learn. Enjoy, John.

Will do, I'll attach another Last Session.ini and a screenshot of my themes folder (although I think the last .ini I posted was the latest one). Stay close by because it should only take me a couple minutes to go through it all).

Cheers.

Zayne, this tells us that your themes are getting to your installed Windows. As I understand it, when you right click your desktop and click Appearances that your themes are not there - true? Go into the Themes folder on your installed system and find one of your themes, that does not show up, and double click the .msstyles file. See if your theme will become active after you click Apply on the window that pops up. Next is to run the experiment I suggested. Best, John.