Stable my butt

tom

Well, Win xp has crashed 4 times now with that blue screen of death. What ever happend to just shutting down the program that gave you trouble, not the computer, GATES: MY system is loaded with all drivers from the xp list that was recommended by XP and it still crashes,, :mad:

Maybe we can help you. Give us the details.

1. Are you running XP now? Is it the Home or Pro edition?

2. Did you do a clean install or an upgrade?

3. What was your previous operating system?

4. Did your previoius operating system crash often?

5. What are your system specs?

MSNwar - The FatMan

Do you have Roxio CD Cretor installed?

Do you have Soundblaster Sound card installed?

What are the stop errors your seeing when blue screen appears?

And are you using a geforce 2-3-4....tried any different Det Drivers?

-XPerties

OK< my system is,,,windows xp home, full addition. I installed a new hard drive. I am running Internet explorer 6, and that wants to keep shutting down to. I do have Roxio easy cd creator 5 with the XP-UP download for winXP. I have a Geforse 3 Ti 200 vidio. and a Sound blaster live X gamer 5.1 audio running off of win xp drivers: that was on my xp disk. Thanks : Tom

well do you want help on this issue....?

Then do the following, uninstall ROXIO and do a reg clean and see if that helps. Im willing to bet its that or the default drivers for your Vid card, try to upgrade the drivers to the latest Det drivers.

-XPerties

I built all my computers, All was working fine untill I bought Xp home. Now I get an error in explorer 6 and it shuts down. The error is 3 pages long. I hate to do another reinstall. My video and sound drivers are XP recommended as is my update to my roxio burner program, So I should'nt be having these problems---right

I built all my computers, All was working fine untill I bought Xp home. Now I get an error in explorer 6 and it shuts down. The error is 3 pages long. I hate to do another reinstall. My video and sound drivers are XP recommended as is my update to my roxio burner program, So I should'nt be having these problems---right [/quote:8dab319f1f]

WRONG!!!!!!!! Just becuase XP says its compatible dont be fooled. Do some research on this board and youll find alot of people have and still have promblems with ROXIO, and Det drivers supplied through windowsUpdates. Dont believe everything you read.

-XPerties

Don't fall into the myth of believing everything you hear, its often not true.

In regards to your issue, uninstall everything expect for the bare necessities. Then slowly but surely, reinstall your software, paying careful attention to when the instability occurs. Make sure to update all your drivers to the latest version, patch the software that needs patching, and if you get some software that is bunk, find an alternative,

example, you want roxio ezcd but it sucks on your system, get fireburner, nero, CLonecd, cdrwin etc..

Also, make sure not to install Direct CD, and take two on XP. I have found I don't have problems when these two are not installed. When I do install them MY SYSTEM TAKES A s*** ON ME. This is what happens on my system, on others it may work fine. SO play around, experiment. See what works and what does not on your system.

Big Booger

Roxio has major problems, look around at alot of other forums and you will see people having problems with roxio. They have released that many patches to rectify the problem with xp, yet still cant get it right. There are plenty of better burning progs, that wont give u the trouble assocciated with this program. So if ur still having major problems on your system start by removing ne programs or software drivers that are known to have conflict problems.

windows XP [b:33dc860489]is[/b:33dc860489] stable, very stable, it really is almost as stable as linux, but not as stable. i can keep my xp system on for a week easily without rebooting. some people do have problems, usualy in these areas:

Roxio

vid drivers

modems

creative labs drivers (new ones on windows update seem ok this time)

firewalls

if you dont want to do a format, then lets get it sorted! shouldnt be too hard. first thing i have to do when i format is get new vid drivers, and new sound blaster drivers, or my system isnt as stable as it could be, sound troubles and screen lock ups (caused by vid drivers)

then i alter the page size, and finally install everything i want on and get the look how i like it.

Default drivers are never any good...

I thank all of you for the help, and I still need it. I am back from a major crash, So I started over. My hard drive is blank and ready for a full installion. I reinstalled XP and guess what, on the reinstall it crashed. It was'nt even loaded yet, so much for driver errors I guess. I reinstalled again and here I am, but It crashed 2 more times before I got here. To help you help me, I did not install Roxio yet or my vidio card. The only thing running is my modem. Please help.

Ok lets nip this one in the butt guys....

[b:355f125b06]Tom i need the following info...[/b:355f125b06]

1. Your complete hardware setup

2. In your device manager what errors do you see

3. You say you dont have your vid card installed, you must have one installed to see what your doing.....are you refering to the drivers? If so then your running the defualt XP driver XP in stalled

4. You say crash.....please explain in more detail, what do you consider and crash, what happened and when did it happen during install, Also make sure if you see and stop:error you write them down.

Please desrcribe in detail everything i asked.

-XPerties