No Pic Received

macadamadman

hi i just purchased amd quad 10ghz phenom 9850 4gb/500gb + hd2400pro gal and i cannot get any monitor to pick up any picture!i received 2 discs with this ati driver and amd-nvidia .i also tried running an os but still cant get a picture what is the first step to getting a picture the cables are working, the tower powers up, but no pic is received. any help would be much appreciated

Edited by geek
made topic title and post to conform to rule 11

do u have 2 video cards on the machine

is one onboard

is one pci

if yes then try plugging to the other videocard

if that still doesnt work take out the pci card and reset the bios

and plug ur monitor into the onboard videocard

(you probably arent recieving any video because ur monitor isnt plugged into the right video card)

otherwise if it powers up but does not beep or anything it can be 1 of 3 possible failures

1)your cpu is dead

2)your motherboard is dead

3)there is short somewhere on your motherboard which means u might have to take the mobo out of the case and resit it back in or try powering it up outside of the case to see. If it powers up outside of the case there is a short in your case)

On a side note

10ghz?

wtf

moores law says the fastest a processor can go is about 4.x ghz on a single core..

hi i just purchased amd quad 10ghz phenom

Did you get the parts or was it built ? If built, contact the reseller. If parts, reset any aditional card/cable, begining with video card, memory, fan connectors.

Also, did they make you pay for 10GHz ? :ph34r: