used Multiboot.cmd but what about my InstallApps etc?

ZileXa

I used Multiboot to create my NTFS formatted XP setup. But I am used to install apps and do other things.

I have $OEM$\cmdlines.txt wich will launch RunOnceEx (@T13) and path to my installers I use in RunOnceEx is %CDDRIVE%InstallApps\

I also have a second RunOnceEx wich will run at first guiboot and the path to my installers in this RunOnceEx is %CDDRIVE%AfterInstall\

%CDDRIVE% is determined via this trick (I use this in a lot more batchfiles during setup):

@echo off

for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\win51ip.SP2 set CDDRIVE=%%i:\

But when I create my stick with MultiBoot10, my InstallApps folder and AfterInstall folder are not copied. I have to copy them manually. But the location of my $OEM$\cmdlines.txt on the stick has become $WIN_NT$.~LS\$OEM$. So does this mean that if I place my InstallApps and AfterInstall folder in the folder $WIN_NT$.~LS\, everything will run fine just like the CD? Or do I have to modify the trick I use in my batch files? Or do I have to copy the folders to a different location?

Edited by ZileXa

I am not sure I get fully your question. :unsure:

If you use migrate.inf, the stick will be U:\.

So you should be able to

SET CDDRIVE=U:\

And live happily.

Of course without knowing which paths you use in cmdlines.txt and in your batch files it's impossible to say whether they will work or not.

If the batches or whatever point to:

%CDDRIVE%$OEM$

they won't work.

Maybe they could if you :

SET CDDRIVE=U:\$WIN_NT$.~LS\

but it all depends of the contents of the batches.

jaclaz

You can make folder Z_CONTENT on your harddisk in which you copy InstallApps folder and AfterInstall folder and empty file usbflash (as in folder X_CONTENT).

Using USB_MultiBoot_10.cmd for making your USB-stick you can Select with Option C your Z_CONTENT folder,

so that its Content is Copied also to the Root of your USB-stick.

Or Alternatively you can copy InstallApps folder and AfterInstall folder and empty file usbflash Manually

to the Root of your already previously prepared USB-stick.

In $OEM$ folder with CMDLINES.TXT you change the Batch as:

@echo off
for %%i in (U D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\usbflash set CDDRIVE=%%i:\

so that your USB-stick having driveletter U: is most easily found and used as fake CDDRIVE

Edited by wimb

Thanks for the quick response. I did not choose to use migrate.inf because there was a warning message about mixed PATA/SATA drives. I want my USB-stick to work on computers wich for example have a PATA and a SATA harddisk. I thought (because of the warning) migrate.inf could cause problems? If not, I will use this method, it's a lot easier if I could simply use U:\.

Because these InstallApps and AfterInstall folders are in the root of my CD, just like $OEM$, I would only have to copy them to the "$WIN_NT$.~LS" and remove 'the trick' and replace %CDDRIVE% with U:\$WIN_NT$.~LS.

But if that would work, then I really do not understand why Multiboot doesn't simply keep the exact same folder structure? Why are Driverpacks still in the root of the stick but with a different folder name (on the CD it's in OEM folder wich is in the root of the CD) but have $OEM$ and i386 folders been moved from the root to $WIN_NT$.~LS folder?

I am just curious and like to know more about this.. been using my cd for 4 years and I am very used to the folder stucture, especially for updating my cd.

my cmdlines.txt (in $OEM$) contains no paths because all files are in the same folder ($OEM$):

[COMMANDS]
"RunOnceEx.cmd"
"REGEDIT /S regtweaks.reg"
"gebruikers.cmd"
"CHKNTFS /T:0"
"rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess"

and pieces of my RunOnceEx:

REG ADD %KEY%\018 /VE /D "xvid+Huffyuv encoder, ffdshow, Real, Quicktime" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\018 /V 1 /D "rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 %CDDRIVE%InstallApps\AudioVideo\huffyuv.inf" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\018 /V 2 /D "%CDDRIVE%InstallApps\AudioVideo\realaltlite.exe /VERYSILENT" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\018 /V 3 /D "%CDDRIVE%InstallApps\AudioVideo\qtlite.exe /VERYSILENT" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\027 /V 1 /D "HIDE.EXE /w "%CDDRIVE%AfterInstall\cleanup.cmd"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\027 /V 4 /D "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Fonts\fontinst.exe" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\027 /V 2 /D "HIDE.EXE /w "%CDDRIVE%InstallApps\InstallScripts\install-systemdrive.cmd"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\105 /V 1 /D "%CDDRIVE%InstallApps\SysteemOnderhoud\Avira_Antivir.exe -y -gm2" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\105 /V 2 /D "\"%programfiles%\Media Player Classic HomeCinema\mplayerc.exe\" /regvid" /f

HIDE.EXE is in $OEM$\$$\system32 so it has been copied to C:\Windows\System32 before RunOnceEx is run.

Edited by ZileXa

The DriverPacks are in folder OEM in the root of the USB-stick. ;)

Install of XP from USB using USB_XP_Setup.exe of U_XP_SET package

will also be interesting to you.

It does NOT make use of $WIN_NT$.~LS folder.

You can use the unchanged Full XP Setup Source folder copied to USB-stick.

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5306

Edited by wimb

• 3 weeks later...

You can use the same RunOnceEx.cmd for both cd and usb as well if you do the following :

comment the following line in <usbdrive>:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\winnt.sif :

;"undoren.cmd"

append the following code at the top of your RunOnceEx.cmd :

REM cmdow @ /HID
REM @echo off

SET DRIVE=
SET I386DIR=

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\XP_SP3.CD SET CDROM=%%i:
if "%CDROM%" == "" GOTO CHECKUSB
SET DRIVE=%CDROM%
SET I386DIR=%CDROM%\I386
GOTO DOROE

:CHECKUSB
FOR %%h IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%h:\USB.DRIVE SET USBDRIVE=%%h:
IF "%USBDRIVE%" == "" GOTO NOUSB
SET DRIVE=%USBDRIVE%\$WIN_NT$.~LS
SET I386DIR=%USBDRIVE%\$WIN_NT$.~LS\I386
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\0001 /V 1 /D "undoren.cmd" /f
GOTO DOROE
echo USB not present

:DVDPRESENT
:USBPRESENT

:NOUSB
ECHO NO DVD OR USB DRIVE PRESENT
PAUSE
GOTO END

:DOROE
.......*********these are my lines for your reference********************
SET CDP=%DRIVE%\$OEM$\Appz
SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Wonder XP Updation in Progress" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\0005 /VE /D "Reapplying loads of RegTweaks" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\0005 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %I386DIR%\RTW.reg" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\0006 /VE /D "Initialising Wow Experience" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\0006 /V 1 /D "%CDP%\play.cmd" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\0007 /VE /D "Installing Windows Update Agent3.0 V7-June'07 update" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\0007 /V 1 /D "%CDP%\KB\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe /wuforce /quiet /norestart" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\0007 /V 2 /D "%CDP%\p.cmd" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\0008 /VE /D "Installing Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool KB892130" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\0008 /V 1 /D "%CDP%\KB\WGAValidation-KB892130.exe /passive /norestart" /f
.......*********these are my lines for your reference********************

if it is cd, create a dummy file : XP_SP3.CD in the root.

if it is usb, create a dummy file : USB.DRIVE in the root.

Edited by rajesh.kumar