The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

Hi, GUYS !

I think I have a serious problem:

When I open the terminal, and I find a loop error like this:LED:00000067 FAddr:00380338

I CAN'T type any letters in the terminal after I press ctrl+z.

so How to solve it ?

HELP!!!

SN:6WR1Z0EZ

model:ST9500423AS

FW:0001SDM5

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Just want to say that English I know is bad, learning. I would be grateful if you help with a question. I ST3500320AS 500 GB. Restored it through Hyperterminal as instructions. The problem occurred in the complete erasure of (full), at process up to 62%, that is, until the 672 millionth head pops up error A9E4CF52, A9E4CFE2. Then another tried to make a short and a long repair. The same result. If you set the size manually to 62% of the space (in SeaTools), then I think it's part of the hard drive will work without problems. HDD space opened in HEX check this area for the presence of zeros. All zeros. Is there a way to restore this crash or a mechanical problem and did not fix it?

Edited by z8m

Hello Just want to say that English I know is bad, learning. I would be grateful if you help with a question. I ST3500320AS 500 GB. Restored it through Hyperterminal as instructions. The problem occurred in the complete erasure of (full), at process up to 62%, that is, until the 672 millionth head pops up error A9E4CF52, A9E4CFE2. Then another tried to make a short and a long repair. The same result. If you set the size manually to 62% of the space (in SeaTools), then I think it's part of the hard drive will work without problems. HDD space opened in HEX check this area for the presence of zeros. All zeros. Is there a way to restore this crash or a mechanical problem and did not fix it?

It depends on what was the original cause of the BSY or LBA0 issue (or other issue) you had and that the procedure managed to re-set.

The general idea is that "unbricking" a disk is just a possible way to recover data from it, once you managed to recover the data, you do BOTH the short and long test with Seatools, and if any of them fails, you simply throw the disk in the dustbin (or if the disk is still under warranty, RMA it for a replacement).

Actually repairing or reconditioning a disk (apart from the "reset" done through the described procedure) is simply outside the scope of this thread and well beyond the knowledge/experience/capabilities of anyone taking part to the thread :ph34r: , is a "professional" chore to be carried by a pro, with professional software and hardware/tools (and with professional level knowledge).

To give you an example, if something has gone wrong with one head (electrical/electronic) it is very possible that the disk will work alright for a few more years (in the reduced at 62% status), but if a head has touched a platter (mechanical damage), the disk working status will likely come to an end within days or weeks, possibly enlarging the 38% bad area, and thus corrupting data in the currently good 62% area.

As a matter of fact, I have read how it is possible that a reconditioned disk can sometimes be made out of a larger disk with one or more heads disabled in firmware. (but this is again "reserved" to manufacturers/professionals)

jaclaz

Hey guys, begging for help here

info:

running windows xp

this cable:

Nokia CA-42 DKU-5 USB Cable 3100 5100 6100 6800 7200

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310155366796?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

this driver: http://www.citronid.com/download/oti_6858_usb_driver.rar

driver works, in device manager in ports as com3

cable: ground > hdd ground

cable tx > hdd tx

cable rx > hdd rx

i connect sata power to hdd, let it spin down, connect data cable to pc, run hyper terminal, follow the steps, comes up with, unable to open com3, disabled port in device manager,

reenabled, closed then reopened hyperterminal, opened saved session, works fine but when i press ctrl + z, i get an arrow

switched rx tx connectors on hdd, no longer says "unable to open com3", but only shows up as an arrow when i press ctrl + z

no batteries used, am i supposed to?

following mainly this guide:

Hi, I have a seagate hard drive Barracuda 7200.11 500GB not seen by the bios, and doing the steps I get stuck on this error:

F3 T>/2

F3 2>Z

Spin Down Complete

Elapsed Time 0.144 msecs

F3 2>U

Error 1009 DETSEC 00006008

Spin Error

Elapsed Time 7 mins 17 secs

R/W Status 2 R/W Error 84150180

F3 2>

What should I do?

Hey guys, begging for help here

Start by reading FIRST, the READ-ME-FIRST AND the FGA's:

(they are "stickies" for a reason ;))

Come back after a successful loopback test.

Error 1009 DETSEC 00006008

What should I do?

Search on the board? :unsure:

Here:

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

• 2 weeks later...

Success full story, I am writing this to help if somebody have the same case.

FIRST THANK ALL THE PEOPLE FOR THE INFO, THANKS TO YOU I COULD RECOVER MY DATA

MANY THANKS !!!!

I have ST31500341AS, I own like 5 more HDD from this type and 3-4 from 1 TB from Seagate hope they will not show same errors, My BIOS is CC.. and used the drive for 2.5 years with no problems, and 1 month ago it simply disappears. I tested the HDD on different computers and on some BIOS doesn’t shows at all, in older ones shows but LBA0.

So I used

https://sites.google.com/site/seagatefix/Home

http://www.mapleleafmountain.com/seagatebrick.html

I have very similar case like v71 here is the post

I Bought a USB to TTL adapter. Installed HyperTerminal on Win7x64. Connected the HDD.

1. If any of the connections (motor or heador both) is covered HDD would not react at all to any CTRL-Z.

2. HDD does react to CTRL-Z only when both motor+head are in contact with PCB.

3. Hyperterminal reacts to COM4 (Thanks v71) on COM3 no connection

I could do the following

Rst 0x20M

ASCII Diag mode

F3 T>/2

F3 2>Z

Spin Down Complete

Elapsed Time 13.094 secs

F3 2>U

Spin Up Complete

Elapsed Time 9.071 secs

F3 2>/1

F3 1>N1

Init SMART Fail

LED:000000CC FAddr:00239CED

LED:000000CC FAddr:00239CED

After that restart And

F3 T>m0,2,2,0,0,0,0,22

Max Wr Retries = 00, Max Rd Retries = 00, Max ECC T-Level = 00, Max Certify Rewr

ite Retries = 0000

User Partition Format Successful - Elapsed Time 0 mins 00 secs

Zone re-format was skipped.

F3 T>i4,1,22

F3 T>

And restart again it worked, I could access my data and copy it,

Right now I am making RMA because the disk doesn’t pass short test on Seatools.

Hoppe they change it.

Again THANK ALL the people for the info in internet…

hello friends i have a question please helpme...

a few months ago i use this metod for recovery my seagate disk

well after 3 o 4 months the disk become very slow and now i cant access to the disk i dont upgrade the firmware, windows cant access, the bios recognize the disk correctly when i connect to motheboard and reastart windows freeze or maybe need long time to start.

please if somebody have the same problem and fix that i need to know how.. thanks

hello friends i have a question please helpme...

a few months ago i use this metod for recovery my seagate disk

well after 3 o 4 months the disk become very slow and now i cant access to the disk i dont upgrade the firmware, windows cant access, the bios recognize the disk correctly when i connect to motheboard and reastart windows freeze or maybe need long time to start.

please if somebody have the same problem and fix that i need to know how.. thanks

Your disk is most probably gone (for good), unfortunately. :(

This thread (and also the very limited knowledge we have) is ONLY about BSY or LBA0 issues, and NOT about ANY other issue.

Use the Seagate tools on the disk to diagnose it, BOTH the short and long test, if it doesn't pass either, your disk is "gone".

I hope that - since you already had this issue happen - that you have a backup of the Data, otherwise, procure yourself another disk and try imaging the failing disk as soon as possible BEFORE running the tests, if you are lucky you will be able to do that before the disk dies.

jaclaz

thanks jaclaz for your answer i test the disk with victoria and victoria recognize the disk in some description victoria tell me smart are disabled errlog selftest and security off,frozen

when i go to test the disk victoria give me a message Block 0 error: ABRT i think maybe it become fixed with firmware

in another test victoria tellme Warning! Block start at 64 = 1031 ms i think the disk internally are fine only cant acces the data for that reason i think a firmware upgrade fixed that issue if somebody can helpme i apresiate that. i am a photographer and in this disk i have a lot of information very thanks.

thanks jaclaz for your answer i test the disk with victoria and victoria recognize the disk in some description victoria tell me smart are disabled errlog selftest and security off,frozen

when i go to test the disk victoria give me a message Block 0 error: ABRT i think maybe it become fixed with firmware

in another test victoria tellme Warning! Block start at 64 = 1031 ms i think the disk internally are fine only cant acces the data for that reason i think a firmware upgrade fixed that issue if somebody can helpme i apresiate that. i am a photographer and in this disk i have a lot of information very thanks.

Look, I don't want to seem grumpier than I normally am :w00t: , but the idea is that you come here for help because you cannot solve an issue by your own.

You are here asking for advice.

The advice is:

• there is NOTHING you can do on that disk, if not, maybe, salvage the data on it, whilst updating it's firmware will VERY LIKELY brick it for good, DO NOT, for ANY reason, attempt updating the firmware.

Besides it is written all over the place that:

• NO hard disk is "safe"
  • ALWAYS make backups (possibly more than one)
  • DO NOT EVER "trust" a hard disk and NEVER, EVER one "revived" after unbricking with this method
  • NEVER update firmware on any disk that does not pass BOTH the short and long Seagate tools test

You cannot seriously come here saying that:

1. you don't have a recent backup of the data
  2. you don't have a recent backup of the data of a disk that you have unbricked with this method
  3. you think that upgrading the firmware will solve the issue

If you REALLY think that upgrading the firmware will solve the issue, then go on, do it :ph34r: , BUT don't come back whining that the disk bricked itself/became completely inaccessible.

jaclaz

Try restarting from scratch.

FORGET about anything that you read anywhere else and just re-do the steps from THIS:

http://www.mapleleaf...agatebrick.html

guide EXACTLY as they are.

There are quite a few reports about people failing that succeeded by simply re-doing the procedure from scratch.

jaclaz

Thank you jaclaz!!!! i used a home made converter with max232 powered with 5v from psu!

i follow your method and i was able to bring back to life 2 hdd stucked is busy mode! one is sd15 firmware and another HP24!!! after a google search i found that is hp modded - HP firmware version HP24!

s/n 9QM5W01T

ST3500620AS

firmware:HP 24

finding sd15 was easy. found one for hp24 , its upgrade to hp26, but it's hard disk to a friend of mine! i send him the firmware, if it work or not i will post later! if you extract the exe the iso file is insinde!

HP page direct link

Enhancement/Fixes:

- Resolves an issue where the hard disk drive may become inoperable after a power-on.

- Resolves an issue where performance may be degraded for a period of time after heavy disk usage.

- Updates ST3500620AS, ST3750630AS, and ST31000340AS hard disk drives to firmware version HP26.

- Updates ST3320813AS hard disk drive to firmware version HP2A.

Edited by ultravy

@jaclaz, or any other people that can help me, for people who have already recovered their data, anyone want to to it for me for money? i would have to come myself thought as i dont want the hard drive out of my hands, so it be great around london, anyone intrested call me or email me: 078 4609 1033, or, dareheaven@hotmail.com, or facebook "facebook.com/dareheaven", hope this isnt spam as it is about this problem, i would just rather pay someone to do it for me who has already done it