How to boot from USB and make partitions

koden

Thanks... i have used the gdisk now and it's okay...

But I also have some people using it, that don't understand the dos commands and how to.

So I would still preffer some kind of a window partiton program a'la the one ghost.exe gives me or the one partition magic haves...

If your DOS boot disk (Flash Drive) is large enough, you can add utilities to your hearts content.

I use Windows ME DOS to make my boot Flash Drive

and on that drive I have all the Options to run Ghost and some batch files to

do extensive disk cleanup on my hard drive. (before actually running Ghost)

I've also included all the DOS hard drive util's like FDISK (to partition a HD) and the DOS "Format" program.

I also have NTFS4DOS, so I can work on an NTFS drive from a DOS prompt.

Add to that Memtest86 and of course "Partition Magic 8" and you've got a very useful boot disk.

You can just keep adding programs (to your flash drive) till you run out of space. :whistle:

It's very helpful if you write DOS menus to make running your programs easier.

Once you have everything set up on your flash drive, the way you want it, a program like NERO can burn that Flash drive to a Bootable CD for archival storage and use on systems that won't boot from a Flash Drive.

Your options are as many and as varied as your imagination permits.

Merry Christmas!

B)

But I also have some people using it, that don't understand the dos commands and how to.

Not my business, mind you :), but it's basically like giving matches to kids..... not really a good idea to let people "that don't understand the dos commands and how to" fdisk/format/manage partitions. :blink:

jaclaz