What's the model number of my Compaq Deskpro EN?

srk999

Here is the description:

Small Form Factor (12.5x3.75x14.5 inches):

Pentium III 1.0 GHz

15GB HDD

512MB Ram

CD-Rom

Video, sound and network (100BaseT) integrated.

I bought it second hand. So some parts might be modified by the previous owner. But, I am pretty sure the processor was left untouched.

Also, here is a picture of the desktop:

f03e20yp7.jpg

w416.png

The previous tried out different OS(s) on the PC, and therefore all the factory data are not there anymore. Is there still a way I can find the model number and install the original drivers?

Besides that, you could open it up and look at the chips; I do it like that and it gets me the latest drivers. XP has almost all drivers for those models build in by the way and if it´s not detecting it than in some times SP3 could help you out there.

What OS are you going to install?

You've already identified it as a Deskpro EN SFF, which is all you need to know to download the correct audio and network drivers from hp.com.

The only thing you might still need is the BIOS ROM family, if you are thinking of reflashing the BIOS. Start it up, press F10 to enter the BIOS, press Enter to select English, then select System Information on the next screen (this is usually pre-selected for you). That will give you the BIOS ROM family, which will be 686Pn or 686Tn or 686Jn (where n is a number).

Compaq produced full drivers for Windows 98, Windows NT and Windows 2000. Like the very similar Deskpro EX, these models were already being phased out by the time Microsoft released Windows XP.

Start at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...dSeriesId=96268. The 1.0GHz Pentium III is about half-way down the list.