bios update for

starcraftmaster

be nice people. not everyone has a PC budget. some people have to squeeze the last drop of life from their electronics before upgrading.

as for the comment about whether a beta can be trusted, id vote yes. worst case scenario it dies during a BIOS flash or fails to boot. but even then:

Includes DualBIOS technology (optional) ; 4Mbit Flash RAM

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Mother...?ProductID=1507

if yours has the "optional" dual bios, the mobo isnt a complete loss and can be recovered from a failed update.

The only info on the beta bios is that it updates CPUID microcode. My guess it’s to recognize Tualatin cpu’s that were new in 2002.

Put a Celeron 1.4ghz on that little board with 512mb ram and Windows Me and it’ll be just fine.

“To Do With More, What Can Be Done With Less Is Folly”

do you think it will support Tualatin cpu’s if i update the bios

Check the changelog or any readme files that came with the driver. Also check the manufacturer's website thoroughly. Motherboard download, and specs sections, and any user manuals that you can sometimes download.

wait it goes beep beep beep when theres no heat sink

that should NEVER happen. not the "beep beep beep" part, the "when theres no heat sink" part. you should NEVER boot a PC without a heatsink attached. depending on CPU make/model, you can fry a good CPU in a matter of seconds.