DualCore No

HyperThreading No

IA-64 No

Intel 64 (EM64T) No

XD No

VT No

SpeedStep No

Architecture x86

Supports Intel® Celeron™ PPGA processors with 128 kb of cache. Speeds supported are 366, 400, 433, 466, 500, 533, 566, 600, 633, 667, 700 MHz and higher, with a bus speed of 66MHz packaged in a Plastic Pin Grid Array (PPGA) 370-pin module which includes processor core, 32 kbyte of first level cache and 128kb of second level cache (Pipeline Burst Static RAM).

Supports Intel® Pentium® III Coppermine FC-PGA (Flip-Chip Pin Grid Array) processors. Speeds supported are 500, 550, 600, 650, 700, 750, 800, 850 MHz and faster with a clock speed of 100MHz and 600, 667, 733, 800, 867, 933 MHz and faster with a clock speed of 133MHz. The type of processor that has been pre-installed on your system, depends on the configuration you have purchased.

Backward compatible with 8086, 80286, Intel386™, Intel486™, Pentium and Pentium Pro processors.

Includes Intel® MMX™ media enhancement technology.

With an i810 chipset and a Socket 370, the maximum was not a lot faster than you already have.

The fastest Celeron made for that was 1.1GHz The fastest Pentium III with a 133MHz FSB made for that was 1.0GHz. Those were both Coppermine series (as is your board).

There also was a later Tualatin series of CPUs, also with a Socket 370, but they will NOT fit your board unless it has a prominent "Tualatin-ready" sticker on it. Tualatin series will physically fit in the socket, but the computer will not start up.

Exactly. It's not worth it to spend any $ on getting a faster CPU for that thing, it wouldn't make much difference at all. As you've seen in your previous topic, it's much past the upgrading point (assuming you still want to play games).

Socket 370 was replaced by Socket 423 back in year 2000 (which has since been replaced by Socket 478, then 775, and very soon another one). Combined with the very old chipset, the lack of an actual slot for a graphics card and all...

i anit buying any thing for it

just trying to find a computer on the side of a road or something and put its better cpu in my

So my MAX cpu speed is about 1gz

and that Coppermine series thing how do i know if a cpu is a Coppermine series

are all celeron and Pentium are Coppermine series

and if my mother borad was Tualatin-ready where would it say it would it on the mother board

... and that Coppermine series thing how do i know if a cpu is a Coppermine series

are all celeron and Pentium are Coppermine series ...

No, by no means are all Celeron and Pentium Coppermine. This name applied only to a particular core that was put in a 370-pin package (hence the name Socket 370) The name Celeron is very very general: it was used before that for smaller CPUs and it is still used to day for something that arrives in a 775-pin package.

If you have one in your hand, it needs to be the right size, have 370 pins, and you need to decipher the markings on the chip. There is no easier way.

and if my mother borad was Tualatin-ready where would it say it would it on the mother board

Almost anywhere, perhaps on the side of the PCI sockets, probably close to other serial number information. If there is no sticky label saying "Tualatin-ready" near the label with the board serial number, or anywhere else that is easily visible, then it isn't.

Well, i never actully count the pins, I just make sure it looks like this: fcpga_b.jpg

And for deciphering the markings, I look here: fcpga_t.jpg

At the bottom of that last picture, it says: 1000/256/133/1.7V which tells me, from experience, that this is a Pentium III Coppermine.

Also on the bottom line, it says SL4MF, which (if I didn't know already) I can look up on the chart on my wall or I can go to http://processorfinder.intel.com/ and look it up. The SLxxx number is Intel's sSpec, which will (for you) usually be SL4xx or SL5xx.

just trying to find a computer on the side of a road or something and put its better cpu in my

The odds of finding a computer that has a CPU that happens to have the right type of outdated socket (and not 423, 478, 775, 462, 754, 939, etc-- there's dozens of them) are already pretty slim. And then, it needs to be the right kind (i.e. a coppermine-based chip), and then also happen to be clocked faster than your existing CPU (the vast majority of those very few won't be). The odds of a discarded computer containing what you're looking for are WAY below 1%, so good luck with that...

However, you're quite likely to find a far faster computer overall (CPU/motherboard/RAM that still work) like an old P4.