MP4's Memory Problem

hello Guys and gals :)

i have one MP4 Music player.

when i purchase the player at that time the storage memory was 2 GB.

but one day i have to format it. and

the Memory reduced to 102 MB only :o:

can i expand memory to it's original size (2GB)

plz tell me the solution...

wat will i do??????

Edited by dard_thesorrow

Well, try to format it again. Under Capacity, select the maximum available size that is offered, under File system select Fat32, under Allocation unit site, select Default allocation size, leave Quick Format unchecked.

Cheers ;)

That's really strange, I never sow that. This is just suggestion so it does not have to be true: Maybe your computer is infected with some malware, so I suggest that you try to format on another computer. I hope that someone else can suggest something, because I'm out of the ideas.

Cheers ;)

Kaspersky Internet security 8.0.0.357 :P

OK what OS are you using? Looks like XP.

What is the BRAND of mp4(??) player? XP doesn't have native support for mp3 players let alone a mp4 player (never heard of one of those)

You most likely need to download and use the app\drivers that belong to your device.

I have read official warnings on Ebay there are many USB flash drives being sold that are fake 2gb. drives. They do not have 2gb at all, but are old 128mb/256mb drives that have been modified some way to look like 2gb drives. They will report as 2gb drives but are NOT 2gb. models. They cannot hold any more data than the 128/256mb that they are. If you try to fit more than that small amount you wil start having errors. When you re-format, the true size of the drive appears.

From what I read you will soon start having read/write errors even if you don't try to fit more than 128/256mb on the drive. A reformat will show the true size of the drive.

I don't know if the same warning applies to MP4 players but if you bought it over the Internet or through Ebay it might be the same situation.

It is a big scam.

Edited by the xt guy

@XT

i have purched it from store... at that time wen i purchsed this thing the memory was 2GB but aft formatting it will show me 102 MB only :(

plz help

Kaspersky Internet security 8.0.0.357 :P

OK what OS are you using? Looks like XP.

What is the BRAND of mp4(??) player? XP doesn't have native support for mp3 players let alone a mp4 player (never heard of one of those)

You most likely need to download and use the appdrivers that belong to your device.

name is nothing just MP4 Player

i m using XP SP2

wat dirvers i need???

tell me the name...

OK then if you bought it from the store take out the manual or the CD that came with it and put the CD in then run it to install the mp4 players drivers...

Other than that look under the battery cover and everywhere else for a name!!! We CANNOT get you drivers\app without the actual brand.

Or go to a friends house that has Vista and try formatting it through there, Vista has way better compatability with external devices like that.

Does it show up as a "USB Mass Storage Device" ?

There is another possibility: it could have a smaller partition than the maximum size. To see if this is the case, you should delete all the partitions on it and create one big partition.

To do that, click on Start>Run, and type in "diskmgmt.msc", and click OK.

You should be in Disk Managemet. This is a tool included in Windows that allows you to create/delete/modify partitions on your disks.

There you should see the MP4 player, and its partitions. Try deleting the partitions on the MP4 player, and then creating one single partition, formatted as FAT32, and do a full format. You should also be able to see the size of the player there.

WARNING!!! Be careful not to delete the partitions on your hard drive.

This case might be farfetched, but it's the only thing I could think of...

And another thing: If you recently bought it from a store, you should have a warranty. I suggest you take it back, show them the problem, and ask them to replace it. It's your right. Or better yet, you should ask for your money back, and buy another model from another store. I personally know somebody who has had an MP3 player that wouldn't start up anymore, after a couple of weeks after she bought it. She took it back, they replaced it, and the new one has the same problem.

Good luck with it.