running command in batch with "" inside an argument.

TranceEnergy

Kind of, ok so not kind of, a stupid problem, but it's a loose end, and i want to get it done.

Goal: get this running in one line.

the culprit is "" , the problem being:

%Source%Silence\Installers\spybotsd.exe /Silent /SP- /Components="" /NoRestart

%Source%Silence\Installers\SpybotSDIncludes.exe /S

so like i want to run it f.ex :

______x__________________________________________________________??_________x________x_____________________________________________x

cmd /R "%Source%Silence\Installers\spybotsd.exe /Silent /SP- /Components="" /NoRestart" & cmd /R "%Source%Silence\Installers\SpybotSDIncludes.exe /S"

i just tried this instead:

cmd /R "%Source%Silence\Installers\spybotsd.exe /Silent /SP- /Components= /NoRestart__" & cmd /R "%Source%Silence\Installers\SpybotSDIncludes.exe /S"

replaced "" with just 2 empty spaces.Shown here as __ , obviously forum doesnt allow multiple spaces or something.

According to what i could gauge in task mgr that worked.

But well, how would one solve this usually or is that the answear?

I can imagine this is asked many times, but i had no idea on what to search for..

Edited by TranceEnergy

Yzwowl: What ? Err, i dont need more questions, but thanks i guess =)

Jaclaz: Thanks, a lot of that made some sense, tho i will not try to say i understand all that right away. I liked this topic: http://www.ss64.org/viewtopic.php?id=282 (Question About DeQuote Script - topic)

Anyway, i just ran through the windows install with just using spaces instead of "", and it works. So for now im happy =)

Ignoring the ignorant PM you've just sent me, the comment you've added to recent threads and the lack of any thanks in the last topic I helped you with, I'll explain further.

In the Unattended Guide, which is practically the magnet/mainstay of most goings on here, if you were to look at this page for intermediate users and scroll down to the "Applications that use Quotations" section, all will be revealed.

The question was a clue for you to find your own help; nothing more, nothing less!

Yeah i know, the irony is i'm not a mind reader either. Thanks thats rich from a super moderator to call me ignorant.

Really friendly attitude you have going on there, hope that's working out for you.

Yzowl is trying to get you to find the answer, rather than spelling it out for you. Whether or not this was something you found helpful, there was nothing "rude" about this thread until your post. In invoking rule 7b, I've barred this account from posting for 3 days. Do it again and I will personally ban it. I'd hate to lose a good member, but you must at least try to pretend to be nice.