2k & XP nLite discs report different HDD size

videobruce

I have a 2k Pro w/sp4 and a XP Pro w/sp2 install discs that were made using nLite. The 2k version reports durning setup 131GB and the XP version reports 305 GB with a 320GB SATA HDD. This is on a nForce 570 MB.

What's up?

make sure you have SP4 slipstream with nlite, and there's a tweak to enable large hard drives in nlite tweaks section (or at least there used to be)

failing that, install as normal, then download gparted live cd, and use that to extend the partition to 300gb after you've installed win2000

Edited by bledd

X-FoRcE; Thanks for the links. I already saw the first, but the problem is still there since I already have sp4. The 2nd link has to do w/ XP, this is 2k where the problem is.

As far as sp5, I had problems with that and as recomended elsewhere, I dropped trying to use it.

5eraph; I tried to load 2k into the 1st partition that was created w/ XP, but it corrupted the whole drive. After the format it showed FOUR partitions of weird sizes when there were only two.

I had to wipe the drive which is where I'm at now.

Edited by videobruce

make sure you have SP4 slipstream with nlite, and there's a tweak to enable large hard drives in nlite tweaks section (or at least there used to be)

failing that, install as normal, then download gparted live cd, and use that to extend the partition to 300gb after you've installed win2000

I have a 2k Pro w/sp4 and a XP Pro w/sp2 install discs that were made using nLite. The 2k version reports durning setup 131GB and the XP version reports 305 GB with a 320GB SATA HDD. This is on a nForce 570 MB.

What's up?

Your Win 2K pRo Sp4 needs to have the registry that is used during startup modified so that it can

do 48 bit LBA. Without it, it will see the disk as the 147 GIG limit and after formatting (the 131 gb).

After modifying the registry, saving it and the reburning the CD/DVD with this modified OS, it

will then always detect large drives greater than 147 GIGs without problems.

See here,

http://www.msfn.org/board/Install-setup-pr...20&p=715635

Edited by mikesw