Please Help! How to change the icons (Vista theme) in the WPI main

Hi, I am trying to make a custom theme (Based on Vista theme).

> Can anyone pls help me by leting me know how to change the location of the icons (Install, options, config etc) those are placed in the middle of the bottom taskbar? I wanted to place those in the left. (sorry for poor english)

And I have couple of more issues in while using Vista theme

> I am unable to locate where the position details of configuration (CheckOnLoad Selection) drop down box is stored. I wanted to re arrange the location.

> Last one; unable to see the tool tip (However is it enabled in option). Other themes are working fine.

Thanks in advance,

pokemon

Edited by pokemon1

Here are the 3 modified themes that use my euDock. In wpi.htm you will find some new lines at the top:

DockType=11;  // 11=Horizontal, 12=Vertical
DockLocation=2; // 1=Up, 2=Down, 3=Left, 4=Right
// NOTE: Docks are ALWAYS centered horizontally and vertically.
// They can NOT be, for example, placed in the bottom left corner.
// The ghost eyes work only in Horizontal mode

You can now make the dock:

• horizontal and located at the top or bottom
  • vertical and located at the left or right

They can NOT be placed at the bottom left corner, they will ALWAYS be centered.

The ghost eyes only work in horizontal mode.

Until Kel gets them updated on the WPI site, here are the links:

http://www.internetepicenter.com/Vista.rar

http://www.internetepicenter.com/mritter_eudock.rar

http://www.internetepicenter.com/spoof_eudock.rar

Edited by mritter

@pokemon1:

Look at the very top of the theme where some variables are being set and you will see

ShowToolTips=false;		 // ToolTips must be turned off for this theme.  Will not affect other themes.

Then do a search for

//Add defaults, all, none

to find the <td> for the configurations box. Good luck moving it. ;-)

Many thanks Mritter for your help.

> I am ok to (Do not have any other option) keep the dock items placed in middle. Thanks for the tips for different other orientations.

> I could find the position of td (Configuration drop down box) in wpi.htm and changed it as per my choice.

> Tool tip is set true as you suggested. But it is breaking something and the main page is completely rearranged. So I am not going fwd with enabling tooltip for this theme.

Thanks a lot.

I am yet to complete the theme. Once completed I will share the wpi screens here with you.

Regards,

Pokemon

Hi Mritter,

As I said, I was playing a bit with the Vista theme and the themes you have mentioned aboved. One observation; the theme made by spoof i.e. spoof_eudock does have the tool tip enabled however once you see the tool tip for an application, the mouse hovering effect is being lost for all the buttons (i.e. congig, install, options etc mouse hovering is not working). What could be the problem?

And attaching the snapshot of my custom theme (obviousely inspired by the above themes). Do you have any idea how to place the count down timer alongside with the time bar (Pls refer the attached snapshot right bottom corner)?

Thanks,

pokemon

post-195475-1213098885_thumb.jpg

Hi Mritter, many thanks for the help with the timer....

I completed the theme and uploading it here now. I have put a WPI logo in the main background (Tried to make glass effect however could not give much time to work). Hope everyone would like it.

Download link: http://rapidshare.com/files/122230212/Vist...timate.rar.html

Theme Preview given below;

Thanks,

Pokemon

post-195475-1213387291_thumb.jpg

Grabbing and adding to the site now.

LOOKS GOOD!

Umm there is a couple of tiny issues with it.

The manual started like 5x when I clicked on it.

Plus the bar is not umm "Scrolling" or "Resizing" the icons properly.

NEVERMIND!! (Please note this theme is not good for resolutions above 1024x768)

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Thanks Kel. Apologies for any issues you have found. The theme is best fitted in 1280x800.

Better to disable the tooltip. Enabling tooltip will break the mouse hovering effect. This has been discussed with Mritter in this thread. I will try to fix those as soon as I get some time. Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Pokemon

Hi Kel / Mritter,

Please find below the updated Vista_Ultimate theme.

Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/123393549/Vist...timate.rar.html

Would request you to replace the same with the one you have uploaded in official theme

site. It works with all standard resolutions however best suited for 1280 x 800 (widescreen) and over. Scrollbar issue is fixed now.

2 known minor issues mentioned below; Can you please help me to solve these??

1. It is preferred that tooltip is disabled while using this theme as it will break the eudock mouse hovering effect. But all functionalities are intact.

2. When clicking on Manual, it starts multiple nos. of same wpi manual sites. No clue about this.

Request you to test and give feedback if any other bug is found. Attaching a snapshot aswell for preview purpose.

Thanks,

Pokemon

post-195475-1213815412_thumb.jpg