Looking for a motherboard

Does anyone know of any Intel CPU based (not necessarily chipset) that has 2 AGP slots in it? It needs to support 2x AGP. I need this board for my Windows 98 computer since it's motherboard is basically dead. Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Just a question as to why you would need two video cards in that particular system?

Well if you gotta ask... Its because they are the Voodoo5 5500 :lol:

OH, I am not buying new video cards. This would replace my existing board. I already have all the parts just want 2 AGP for shotgun.

Edited by Tripredacus

OH, I am not buying new video cards. This would replace my existing board. I already have all the parts just want 2 AGP for shotgun.
Speechless... But still going to say the same: Unless I´m not mistaken, there are no commercial dual AGP boards for sale.

yeah the term '2x AGP' does not mean 2 AGPs on the same board it means an AGP port that runs at 2x speed of the original speed of AGP. there are AGP 2x, 4x and 8x slots available.

don't feel bad though -i never could get more than 51 CDs to fit into my 52X CDROM drive...

yeah the term '2x AGP' does not mean 2 AGPs on the same board it means an AGP port that runs at 2x speed of the original speed of AGP. there are AGP 2x, 4x and 8x slots available.

don't feel bad though -i never could get more than 51 CDs to fit into my 52X CDROM drive...

I realise this. Of course my current motherboard has a 2x slot, I guess the card supports a 4x slot anyways. Its a 1x2x4x fortunately. I will have to check then perhaps I can shotgun with a PCI card instead?

Does anyone know if the 6500 was ever released?

I will have to check then perhaps I can shotgun with a PCI card instead?

I'm going to inquire again as to the reason for putting two video cards in the system. :)

Does anyone know if the 6500 was ever released?

No, it wasn't.

ok lets go look for the cheapest card newegg has:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814141052

there you go. 25$ and it'll easily smoke a 5500 unless your still playing UT99 -nothing out performs glide on that game (but thats just because the d3d renderer sucked by comparison)

or if you wanna go for the voodoo 6000 experience

install this card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814130099

then buy one of these:

http://www.cheappetstore.com/Reptiles/Rept...ng-Rock-152193/

thread the power cord through one of your PCI slots and plug it in

thats about as close as your gonna get to Voodoo Volts

Ha that's funny.

Well I can't find dual boards nor can I find info to shotgun the AGP card. So I'll stick with finding a Slot 1 4x AGP slot board instead for that one.

OH and MMX, while you're at it, ask me why I am running NT 3.51 on a 486 notebook!

Edited by Tripredacus

Well I can't find dual boards nor can I find info to shotgun the AGP card.

As previously mentioned...you won't. The AGP standard was never meant for more than one card.

OH and MMX, while you're at it, ask me why I am running NT 3.51 on a 486 notebook!

The better question would be why you're still running a 486 notebook!

I was asking why you wanted two video cards in an attempt to find out if you were trying to run dual monitors. I never got a real answer as to why so I never brought it up (before now). Dual monitors can easily be done with a single AGP card.

Oh, no I wasn't interested in dual monitors. I don't have the extra power outlet required by an additional monitor, never mind the fact that I don't even have an extra. I just remember seeing documentation on it back in the day but couldn't find it now. Besides, does Windows 98 support dual monitors?

I used to collect notebooks. I should take more time in playing with those instead...

Besides, does Windows 98 support dual monitors?

Yep, it does. Remember, a lot of laptops have the ability to use both the LCD and an external VGA connection for doing presentations. I believe Windows 98 was the first Windows OS to include full dual monitor support (95 may have, but I don't recall).