Can I run Nlite on a Vista sytem to create XP Nlite iso?

WSZsr

Well I'd say it's not recommended as there are many things that will not work like the Input Product Key Dialog ... I recommend doing like I did, I installed My MSDN SP3 version "Untouched" on VMWare, set it up as my XP workstation, created an nLite XP on it LoL !!! Clever no ? Instead of having to install XP on another partition ;)

Well I'd say it's not recommended as there are many things that will not work like the Input Product Key Dialog ... I recommend doing like I did, I installed My MSDN SP3 version "Untouched" on VMWare, set it up as my XP workstation, created an nLite XP on it LoL !!! Clever no ? Instead of having to install XP on another partition ;)

I'm on Vista 32 bit and today I created 4 isos of xp sp3 and they're all working very well so I think I can say there's no problem in creating an iso of XP under Vista.

But could you be more precise about this part : "there are many things that will not work like the Input Product Key Dialog ... "

:hello:

The only thing whichisnt work ist to create on a 32bit OS a 64bit OS!

But on a 64bit OS you can create a 32bit OS!

"there are many things that will not work like the Input Product Key Dialog ... "

i'm interested too! :) some more exampels?

Well I tried creating an unattended XP install whils on vista Ultimate x86 SP1 ... Setup always stopped @ the Input Product Key dialog even though I set it to full unattended using nLite ... I saw the issue being reported here and the solution posted was to create an Unattended XP on XP ... Do a search and u'll see .....

Thats what i do as well ;)

If you are using vista, and you intergrate sp3 into the cd, it will not work when you get to the licence key request!

Ie it will not accept most keys such as vlk! i have no idad why but i guess it is to do with how nlite or the way it intergrates on a vista system which is causing the errors. ;)

Im a power User (( :angel )) in the german nlite board, and there i never heard about the problem with the missing XP Key on a Vista run, but Vista still isnt as popular as XP :) (i only ones toucht it).

Im only here because of some SP3 troubles, mybe i find here some answer! :)

...but im talking ot! :(

I'm on Vista 32 bit and today I created 4 isos of xp sp3 and they're all working very well so I think I can say there's no problem in creating an iso of XP under Vista.

But could you be more precise about this part : "there are many things that will not work like the Input Product Key Dialog ... "

:hello:

Well, I was wrong! I have a problem with the isos. The VLK is not working and it's because of Vista. I run nLite on XP SP2 and my VLK was recognized so I'll let you conclude what's needs to be done! :whistle: