Adobe Flash Player 9.0.115.0 & 9.0.124

Philco

Flash Player 9 should still be supported under Win98/ME. But you'll need Intel Pentium II 450MHz or faster processor with at least 128MB of RAM to use AFP 9. Install faster CPUs or install more RAM [or do both] if you don't have the right hardware.

Flashplayer 9 works well for me on both 98 and 98SE using a 366Mhz processor. Once in a while, some flash based games get a bit sluggish but no other problems.

Rick

I'm using SeaMonkey Web Browser with Flash Player 9.0r115 with no problems... I have SP 2.1 and KernelEX 033d Installed. Is my flash player one of the ones listed above people are having trouble with?

• 6 months later...
Starting with the Adobe Flash Player 10 release, new versions of Flash Player are no longer available for Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows ME, Macintosh OSX 10.1-10.3, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and 4 operating systems. This is due to enhancements and features added in Flash Player 10 that cannot be supported on older operating systems.

Reason

The features added to Flash Player use the technology in the latest operating systems for performance, functionality, and efficiency. These subsystems are not included in the older operating systems. Additionally, manufacturers will no longer fix issues in these operating systems, which makes it impossible to address Flash Player issues with root causes in the operating system.

Solution

We realize that, in some cases, there is not only a desire but a necessity to run Flash Player on an unsupported machine. In this situation, we recommend installing the latest Flash Player available for your operating system (Flash Player 9.0.124.0) to take advantage of the most recent security and stability updates to Flash Player 9.

Another one bytes the dust

Adobe Flash Player 9.0.124.0 is the last version available for 98/98 SE/ME. Flash Player 10 (e.g. version 10.0.12.36) requires Windows 2000 or higher
In theory Internet Explorer v5.5 under Win98SE does NOT run with Flash Player v9, only with old Flash Player v8. Opera and Firefox work fine with v9.0.124.0

About 6 months ago, when I tried out under Win98SE the Bytescout Movies Extractor Scout v3.02 demo http://bytescout.com/moviesextractorscout.html , the demo also installed somehow Adobe Flash Player ActiveX v9.0.115.0 as displayed by http://gemal.dk/browserspy/flash.html when I went there with IE 5.5 SP1. Any explanation why? After uninstalling the demo, Adobe Flash Player ActiveX v9.0.115.0 was still there.

Is there a way to turn off Flash Cookies?

:whistle:Adobe Flash Player 9.0.124.0 &Opera 9.52,9.60 work good!On 6- Win98SE Full 2008 Updated Systems with all Types of Ram and CPU's varing from 166mhz/32mbRam through 500mhz/640mbRam(that's all i can use in one MoBo!) and old(OLD!)MoBo's too!!!                                                                                                                :thumbup *(IE Explorer6sp1 and Adobe Flash Player 9.0.124.0=NOT so great!!!)Wish IE6 would try to improve and (at least)try to compare to Opera ,but Time will see?I Prays?

Opera and Firefox work fine with v9.0.124.0

I beg to differ, I have found a number of sites that do not work well with flash version 9,0,124,0 and Firefox 2.X. Videos on cnn.com is one of them. I had to use player 9,0,47,0 to get videos on these sites to work properly.

Flash 10 works already with KernelEx 0.3.4 and above, although they've messed up installer in the release build.

To install it, use registry trick from a thread.

To fool Flash 10 installer (ActiveX one won't work) you need to change

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion]

"VersionNumber"="5.10.2600"

don't forget to change it back

Edited by Bleeder