change real created date for file & folder

RYU81

I have DVD player sort files and folders by created date,I found program to change created date for files and folders "better rename suite" but nothing change to view in my dvd player.is there way to change real created date "not created date by Windows"?

try total commander

I try multi rename tool but nothing to change created date.only rename file name.

if also do this my dvd player recognize only file created first

225gd6.th.gif

Edited by RYU81

So, what exactly are we talking about here when you say 'DVD player'?

This could mean all sorts of things, including various software products and standalone products.

The dates on files are 'date created' date last modified' and 'date last accessed' - the way Windows Explorer sees these can be somewhat confused, depending in what order you do things, and so does the way other software lists them (as I know from things like Irfanview, which has hidden order influences).

The very least you can do is to change the recorded dates in the file structure, and then reboot - just to ensure there is something like a consistent view, and there is no hidden caching of info.

So, what exactly are we talking about here when you say 'DVD player'?

This could mean all sorts of things, including various software products and standalone products.

The dates on files are 'date created' date last modified' and 'date last accessed' - the way Windows Explorer sees these can be somewhat confused, depending in what order you do things, and so does the way other software lists them (as I know from things like Irfanview, which has hidden order influences).

The very least you can do is to change the recorded dates in the file structure, and then reboot - just to ensure there is something like a consistent view, and there is no hidden caching of info.

I have OPPO DVD Player with USB to connect with my HDD,my DVD player sort all files by date created.

• 9 months later...