W2K3 SP2 integration

brian.parks

hello everyone,

my name is brian and i work as a network admin for a company in germany. the area that i'm responsible for our educational department. to make a long story short, we recently updated one of our servers in the education department with an ibm x3650 xeon qc 1.86 7979-c1g.

i am attempting to use n-Lite to integrate sp2 into the w2k3 server to include all of the pertinent device drivers, RAID driver etc. for this server. the OS’s dvd to be created should be Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition.

after loading the OS and selecting the different tasks to be integrated in the task section, the path of the service pack needs to be selected.

it begins to decompress the data but, after the complete decompression the next window opens and begins it’s decompression and abruptly stops with the following error message!

can anyone help me sort this out? i have no idea why i’m getting this error message nor can i ascertain which file is trying to be read that results with this error message.

thanks i appreciate this software which btw. work really well with windows xp pro/sp2 integration.

ps. the attachment is a .jpg image of the error message. and although it is in german, it is basically saying that "one of the integrated installaion files that is required could not be copied".

if anyone would like to see my question in a .doc, i can be reached under the following email address; brianmparks1965@yahoo.com

post-180153-1204629570_thumb.jpg

I did not use any third party program to integrate service pack 2 to Windows 2003.

I just used the /integrate switch and it worked perfectly for me.

100% right...let me explain...

Copy your disc. in HDD say C:\Win03 folder

Open Command Prompt and navigate to Win Server 2003 SP2 Update Installer. say its WinSP2.exe

Execute command like this !

C:\Documets and Settings\<User Name>\Desktop\>WinSP2.exe /integrate:C:\Win03

It will automatically slipstream service pack to your installation source..make bootable disc..n enjoy :thumbup

hi neo,

well. . . . . . i created a file on my d:\temp\w2k3. copied the contents of w2k3 server r2 enterprise ed. into the folder. opened a dos window & typed <path to sp2> /integrate:d:\temp\w2k3. and i ended up with the exact same error message after the decompression. soooooo......... i will re-download the sp2 file and try it again. but this is very odd and it's getting old quick!

but i do appreciate you taking the time out of you day to answer and help me solve the problem that keeps on recurring. if you need to see the error message, please refer to my first blog. again i can provide anyone with a .doc of the steps taken to integrate sp2 with w2k3.

thank you and have a good day!

briaN

neo,

i just wanted to let you know, that after a 2nd attempt with a different sp2, the slipstream worked like a charm. i will continue on to create a bootable disc. i wanted to thank you again for your encouraging & informative tip.

have a great day!

briaN

Not wanting to crash the party, but you do realize that the License for nlite prohibits it's use in a Company, allowing ONLY personal use, do you? :unsure:

Your use of nLite is governed by the following conditions. Please read this information carefully before using nLite. By using it you are agreeing to the following conditions:

1. nLite is freeware and can be freely used for any personal non-commercial purposes, subject to the following restrictions.

5. nLite is free for personal use only, you cannot use it for any company or business purposes at this time.

jaclaz

neo,

i just wanted to let you know, that after a 2nd attempt with a different sp2, the slipstream worked like a charm. i will continue on to create a bootable disc. i wanted to thank you again for your encouraging & informative tip.

have a great day!

briaN

gr8 to see your problem has been solved.