Lousy System Restore

Conan

Yesterday I came across a tweak for the Services menu of Windows XP (which is supposed to make it run faster). Their advice was to create a System Restore point so that you could go back in case anything went wrong. Well those tweaks screwed up my PC so I did a system restore. Well I thought everything worked fine after the restore until I tried to download some updated drivers for my scanner. After I downloaded the file, I couldn't see it in Windows Explorer. I re-downloaded, then opened the file immediately after the download, double-clicked on it and it said "file not found"! Thats the last time I'll ever do a system restore! Had to do a reformat to get things back to normal!:mad:

sys restore works like a charm for me...

I usually create a restore point before I do anything drastic to my system (edit registry, install software, etc...)

This time around I will try to stay as far away from formatting...

sorry to hear you formatted..

System Restore has worked flawlessly for me! Its fast and easy, i personaly think its alot better they GoBack and anyother restore tool out there. One quick tip, evey so often diable it pn all drives restart and enable again, this will delete you old restore points, they can get quite big and i have noticed they have the tendincy to bog your system.

-Drew

in my opinion, system restore was much better in windows ME..

they screwed up buncha things when changin the s*** to "XP" [/quote:ba9d3a009b] Oh jeez...i think your misinformed.....was it just me or was everythin about Me, including the restore a big bug waiting to happen? :)

-drew

Ive had to use system restore once and had know probs with it, Conan I pity that u had to do a format......it sucks having to reload everything!!!

[b:2b7feed9a5]BLACKWAR[/b:2b7feed9a5] If system restore worked better on ME its only because everything else [b:2b7feed9a5]didnt[/b:2b7feed9a5], and the only thing u can do to keep that O/S running is to constantly do a sys restore

I never had problems with restore either, other than the fact that sometimes my restore points would disappear, but I think that is because I would dump them when doing a disk cleanup, so maybe I am the best magician in the world. I fooled myself! :eek:

But I must say this, I never had a problem with ME, it ran fine, but was a resource HOG. In fact, one of my friend's PC would not run windows 98. We popped in ME, and voila, it worked like a hooker on overtime.

Big Booger

But I must admit, after using XP, and never being forced to restart because of low system resources I am much relieved.

:nerves

Same here with ME..never really had that many problems...but I must say XP, though I thought I would have to reformat once or twice, it seemed to work itself out, with either a reboot or just letting the sys hangout for awhile with no extra progs runnin'. Never needed to use restore in XP either.

Just finish doing a sys restore, crapped up my desktop using one of those deskskin progs :mad:

left me with just a blank blue screen...no icons, taskbar nothing

had to access sys restore through the windows task manager:D

worked like a charm, only lost the progs that i downloaded that day, but not a biggie