How Can I Make Avira AntiVir Silent Install ? What is switch ?

ahmedah

anyone knows how to install premium security suite with setup.inf? what are options for gamemode and such?

at the moment my setup.inf is:

[DATA]
DestinationPath=C:\Software\AntiVir Workstation
ProgramGroup=0
DesktopIcon=1
ShellExtension=1
Guard=1
MailScanner=1
KeyFile=key\HBEDV_2008-07-15.KEY
ShowReadMe=0
RestartWindows=0
ShowRestartMessage=0
ScanMode=0

@ Sammy20: I always copy the updated files from the running AntiVir into the folder where my AntiVir install for the Windows-DVD is. So just look which files get updated (e.g. antivir3.vdf) in the report and then copy and replace them in your install source. Works fine for me. :)

Hey, great guide! Your instructions worked really well for me.

Is it possible to integrate the latest virus database into the extracted install folder?

Go here, grab my Antivir8_AOM - and enjoy an always up-to-date Antivir 8 :thumbup

Best regards

cool400 :ph34r:

• 6 months later...
@cool400

I found the setup.inf parameters in the Avira Antivir Professional manual. They are covered in section 4.5.4. All versions must use the same installer so I would think any of the setup parameters except for the mail scanner would work in the free version. The only way to find out is to test them. Thanks for your help.

Krose, after Avira is installed, it is automatically started (I dont mean a full test because I use the scanmode=0 switch). This means AV is running in background while windows setup hasn't finished and other programs are being installed. I am trying to seek a method to kill avira processes, but taskkill doesn't work. Do you have any ideas? The documentation doesn't say anything about this.

I install all my apps using RunOnceEx and my RunOnceEx is started at T13 of the Windows stage. This is why I don't want the av to be running.

edit: nevermind, somehow if you install at T13 the installation seems succesfull. But after guiboot it's like Avira has never been installed, there isn't even an Avira folder in Program Files. I manually installed it at T13 to see if there are any errors, no errors! very strange but it seems this AV cannot be installed at T13 :(

Again an edit: nevermind my previous edit. Avira didn't get installed because the key file could not be located.

I know do the following:

after extracting the original Avira setup file, I copy the key file from the root to the basic folder.

In the INF file, I don't give a location to the key file, just the filename. This way the installer is not bound to static locations of the temp file. Besides, using 7zsfx you cannot predict the temporary extracted folder.

This way Avira will always get installed. But it does produce blue error screen at T13. So I also install at first guiboot.

Edited by ZileXa

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I used your guide for silent installation for avira 10, but installation doesn't work. I use your setup.inf and i added one line

[DATA]
DestinationPath=C:\Program files\AntiVir
ProgramGroup=0
DesktopIcon=1
ShellExtension=1
Guard=1
MailScanner=1
KeyFile=key\HBEDV_2008-07-15.KEY
ShowReadMe=0
RestartWindows=0
ShowRestartMessage=0
RootKit = 1
ScanMode=0

for the cwnd.exe i use

cwnd.exe / hide @
@ ECHO OFF
start / wait% windir% \ Temp \ Avira \ basic\setup.exe / inf = "% windir% \ Temp \ Avira \ setup.inf"
taskkill / IM avscan.exe / F / T

i maked.exe file with your guide but when i start antivirprec.exe i receive error

C:\Windows\Temp\Avira\cwnd.exe

the NTVDM CPU has encounterd an illegal instruction.

CS:054b IP:0100 OP:063 77 6e 64 2e Choose 'Close' to terminate the application

I changed extension of cwnd.exe to cwnd.cmd and i don't receive error but nothing happens. the commands in script is listing but nothing.

What i do?

What I do?

thank's

Edited by gogi100

I figured out a way to do a totally silent switchless installer for Avira Antivir Personal Edition Classic. It involves a little work but in the end works nicely. You will need the following:

Antivir_workstation_win7u_en_h.exe http://www.free-av.com/

WinRAR http://www.rarlab.com

Cwnd.exe http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5017 , executable is in the “release” folder

Process.exe http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

Download Antivir and extract it with 7-zip or WinRAR to a folder, I called it antivirpec. We are going to create two files and add them to the folder. Open a text editor such as notepad and copy the following text.

[DATA]
DestinationPath="C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Workstation"
ProgramGroup=1
DesktopIcon=0
ShellExtension=1
Guard=1
MailScanner=0
KeyFile=C:\Windows\Temp\Avira\hbedv.key
ShowReadMe=0
RestartWindows=0
ShowRestartMessage=0

If you want a desktop icon change the 0 (no) to 1 (yes). MailScanner must be 0 because it is not included in the free edition. If you want to change the path of the install or the path to the registration key just make sure it is an absolute path, variables such as %windir% will not work. Save the file as setup.inf and place it in the antivirpec folder.

Open notepad again and copy the following text.

cwnd /hide @
@echo off
start /wait %windir%\Temp\Avira\basic\setup.exe /inf="%windir%\Temp\Avira\setup.inf"
process -k avscan.exe
exit

cwnd.exe is a utility to hide the DOS box when the command runs. You could also use cmdow.exe. Just be sure that whichever you use is in your system32 folder.

The setup command uses the switch /inf which uses the parameters in the setup.inf file we created and causes the setup to be run silently.

Process.exe is a utility to kill processes in Windows 2000 and Windows XP Home. If you are using XP Pro you can use the taskkill command instead. This command kills the automatic scan that starts after install. If you use process.exe be sure it is in your system32 folder. Save the file as antivir.cmd and place it in the antivirpec folder.

Now make the installer with WinRAR. Open WinRAR and browse to the antivirpec folder. Right click on a file and choose “select all”, making sure all the files and folders are highlighted, then click “Add” on the Toolbar. You’ll get the “Archive name and parameters” window. On the General tab Select “best” as compression method, and check “create solid archive” and “create SFX archive”. Change the archive name if you like but it must have the .exe extension.

dhc08.jpg

Switch to the Advanced tab and select “SFX options” to open Advanced SFX options window.

sgk18h.jpg

On the General tab in the “Path to extract” box type the path you want to extract the installer to. Make sure it is the same path you have in the antivir.cmd file. Then in the “Run after extraction” box type in the path to the antivir.cmd file.

r86u11.jpg

Change to the Modes tab and select the “hide all” and “overwrite existing files” radio buttons.

2lntmab.jpg

Close the “Advanced SFX Options” window by clicking OK, then click OK on the “Archive name and parameters” window to start creating the installer. The finished installer is created in the antivirpec folder.

I have applied this method and worked on Windows XP

But did not work with Windows 7