Probably kills the purpose of WUD?

XPero

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Update Catalog  

To use this website, you browser must have the user data persistence setting enabled.
To enable this, follow these steps:
In Internet Explorer, click Tools , then click Internet Options.

Click the Security tab, then click Custom Level.

In the Settings dialog box, under the Miscellaneous section, find Userdata persistence and click Enable.

Click OK twice to save and exit.

Good or bad? Doesn't matter, I just won't let it force some stupid setting on me that doesn't have to do with anything (except for possible data mining on me). No, thank you.

GL

Not really, Microsoft's version is far from easy to navigate and not very useful. I have plans to refresh WUD with an even easier to use and more powerful interface when I can get some free time (which seems hard to come by).

I've used the catalog site before and find it cumbersome, to say the least. When you finally get the download, all the files are in separate folders and sometimes subfolders. This means a whole lot of extra work which wouldn't be necessary if they were all in one folder. I like WUD, have used the c't utility, but Autopatcher was pretty sleek. I imagine when Antonis gets all the kinks worked out, the new version will be splendid and not offensive to MS (may the lord forbid!). I would welcome an updated WUD, jcarle. Salud! :^)