So much for DX10 on XP.

weEvil

I do believe other than Microsoft there will be no other entity that can provide a meaningful DX 10 version for XP. The underlying driver model has been completely changed and written from scratch as far as I understand and because of that and the inherent architecture of Vista, it would be impossible to get it to work under XP without a lot of effort. Sure it can be done but only Microsoft can pull it off and the way I see it there is no way that is going to happen. That sucks for people like me who refuse to use Vista. Maybe when SP2 for Vista is out and vLite is at like version 1.9 or something, and when there are awesome must have games for DX 10.x then I will grab a copy of Vista. Till then I am happy with XP 64 bit as long as it works grrrrrrrrr.......(**** 64 bit drivers)

Yeah, the only way I'm using Vista is if its gutted and hacked as much as possible.

Its terrible... but it looks pretty.

Also, aren't there others working on this? How would the guys supporting the Wine project do this? They have DX9 working in Linux.

Edited by brucevangeorge

They have DX9 working in Linux.

If DirectX 9.0c is supported and stable in Linux then I might be ditching Windows completely on my main desktop.

It's worth looking into. Here is info on 9.0c through Wine.

http://wine-review.blogspot.com/2007/11/di...-with-wine.html

I'm not sure about Cedega though. That's worth looking into also.

Edited by brucevangeorge