Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

jaws75

Vista SP1 RC available

A word of warning if you are using a patched UXTHEME.DLL you should roll back to the unpatched verions prior to installing SP1 (else themes service and other stuff will crash on boot)

Vistaglazz does not work with SP1 but you can patch manually using the files at http://anti-tgtsoft.com/repository/

I get error trying to install SP 1.

Here is full text:

Update for Windows Vista (KB935509) - v1.008

Installation date: 12/16/2007 13:30

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80004005

Can it be because i use patched UXTHEME.DLL?

I use Vlited Vista Ultimate(eXPerience eddition - 700 mb)

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Well,i like that vLited ,Unattended,Activated version of Vista i use and this is why i ask if there is any way to install SP 1 on it. :rolleyes:

I installed anew Vista Ultimate RTM and after that Service Pack 1 installed smoothly with no errors.I can confirm that Vista SP 1 is really faster now though *edited for content* (please no talk of crack and hacks)

anyone knows how I could extract (unpack) service pack installer to get individual hotfixes? Maybe with some switches?

Edited by masterj

Ok, this is possible but useless. You must install all of this fixes in a specific way so let the installer do it ;)