N Lite

zipzap

Hi Sorry as I think this question may have come up before but did a search but cant find it.

Thanks for the great product Nuhi.

I installed the earlier Nlite 1.4 beta and it works fine except it say that incompatable files are used. [And to use the SP2 disc.] I used the Ryans update pack. Didnt use SP2 disc to update as original Win XP Pro had SP2 combined and used this.

So basically can I update this earlier version to 1.4 Final without reformatting hard drive etc.?

Maybe using recovery Consule would that work.? Or am I just a bit hopefull.?

Also Nuhis site to download Nlite from has a problem needing a referer which I used and cant get it to work so I went to

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enh...nts/nLite.shtml and downloaded without a hitch. Is the version here the latest final as I downloaded mine from here about 2 weeks ago.

So any answers appreciated.

He's not trying to install nLite, he is trying to install XP made with nLite 1.4 final over an XP made with 1.4beta (and thus with the SFC bug).

I'd say no.

Thanks for the info appreciated. I will wait to see if I get any more replies first and then do a few tests if I dont have a majority decision on which is the best method. Maybe I could experiment on a spare HDD I have in another computer.

Strange part is I dont get any SFC errors at all. It will probably be a few weeks before I get time to do it at moment.