8800 GT which one is the best?

eyeball

Hi all,

i am just helping my brother look for an 8800 gt but we are going round in circles looking at the same card from different manfacturers, does anybody know how they rank in terms of their performance from best to worst?

many thanks

thanks, i was looking at the clock speed and looking for the fastest, i just wondered if anyone knew of the top of their head or maybe had a link that showed all of them in ordered of best to worst or something :)

thanks

they are really all the same. mainly you're looking for customer support. go for EVGA.

No they aren't. NVIDIA is allowing the card makers to play around with clock speeds now. The base is 600MHz core / 1800MHz memory. If you do some research you'll see that they all have versions with both the base speed and versions with higher clock speeds. EVGA has the highest one right now with 700MHz core / 2000MHz memory. A 100MHz core clock and 200MHz (effective DDR) memory difference is a rather large gain. I'd say that probably pushes the card over GTS and pretty close to GTX speeds in realworld/benchmark usage.

The problem is that they're back ordered at most of the popular places.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....=GeForce+8800GT

Remember that nVidia is planning to release there 8800GTS based on the G92 core on the 3rd of December...

8800GTS	G92	65nm	128	256bit	512MB	VP2	3-12
8800GTS G92 65nm 128 256bit 1024MB VP2 3-12

And there is a new revision of the older 8800GTS as well, still based on the G90 core but with 112 shaders...