CCleaner newest version has new builds available

ajua

if you use CCleaner as a lot people sure do, you can download the slim and potable releases of the latest version 2.01.507 . they are available at the download page

its great that they made a portable version. this way i can make a custom installer right away.

Edited by elajua

if you use CCleaner as a lot people sure do, you can download the slim and potable releases of the latest version 2.01.507 . they are available at the download page

its great that they made a portable version. this way i can make a custom installer right away.

Not portable :whistle:

Sorry to inform you, but CCleaner Portable is no longer available.

CCleaner 2.0 now has a portable function built-in. So, CCleaner Portable is no longer needed.

You can download CCleaner 2.0 at http://www.CCleaner.com/

I would like to think everyone for using CCleaner Portable!

Not portable :whistle:

It is no longer programmed in Visual Basic which had dependencies but rather now is an executable programmed in C++ with only one configuration file. When you set it to not use the registry, then it creates an ini file within it's own directory and thus becomes suitable for portable use as well.

:)

the portable build is still there. but as MHZ said, you can download the slim version version, tell it to not use the registry and use it as a portable version. the portable build is in zip archive so it doesnt need an installer.

i build my msi installer using this one.

It is no longer programmed in Visual Basic which had dependencies but rather now is an executable programmed in C++ with only one configuration file. When you set it to not use the registry, then it creates an ini file within it's own directory and thus becomes suitable for portable use as well.

:)

the portable build is still there. but as MHZ said, you can download the slim version version, tell it to not use the registry and use it as a portable version. the portable build is in zip archive so it doesnt need an installer.

i build my msi installer using this one.

Thank you friends

Now i understand what should i do about.

I am trying to do a silent install without some of the default options checked.

For a little background info:

I used universal extractor to extract the setup.exe file, and located the iofile.ini, which seems to contain the Install option switches for the checkboxes. I am trying to DISable the following options:

1. Add Desktop Shortcut"

2. Context menus

3. "Automatically check for updates"

Any ideas how to repackage the installer so that these options are disabled by default, and the install is silent? How do you tell the CCleaner slim installer not to use the registry? Also, what program do you use to repackage the .exe setup file?

I am trying to do a silent install without some of the default options checked.

For a little background info:

I used universal extractor to extract the setup.exe file, and located the iofile.ini, which seems to contain the Install option switches for the checkboxes. I am trying to DISable the following options:

1. Add Desktop Shortcut"

2. Context menus

3. "Automatically check for updates"

Any ideas how to repackage the installer so that these options are disabled by default, and the install is silent? How do you tell the CCleaner slim installer not to use the registry? Also, what program do you use to repackage the .exe setup file?

I repackage it with Inno setup Without this options :

(Desktop icon, Context menus, check for updates and Yahoo toolbar )

Here the setup file and the script for you

Download link

and if you want to setup the Yahoo toolbar just remove the semicolon form [Run] Section and the last line in the [File] section

and Compile the script

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...