Office 2000/XP/2003 Slipstreamer Version 1.4 Final

mara-

Hi Mara-,

first of all, thank You very much for the great job.

I'm sorry, but I have some problems with Office 2003 Professional (Corporate) italian version and Office Slipstreamer v1.5.b1 (no problems with previous versions, 1.3x, 1.4):

everything's OK until the update "office2003-KB943452-FullFile-ITA (FORMMAN20ENU)" is processed, then the program crashes and the following message appears:

"AutoIt Error

Line - 1:

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscript or subscript dimension range exceeded"

When I click OK, the slipstream procedure stops without additional messages.

No luck in:

1) uninstalling and re-installing Slipstreamer,

2) manually adding italian updates reg info in database.reg.

Here is Slipstreamer log, italian updates list and the corrisponding "Office2003(italian).reg" i created from a fully updated Office installation.

:hello: Have a good day

Lions

Office2k3_ITA_Updates_List.txt

office2003_Italian_.reg

OfficeSlipstreamer_log.txt

Hi,

Thank you for all informations. I already found a problem and I'm fixing it now. Also I found one problem with option "Remember Admin Location". So If I manage to fix both problems today, new beta will be out tonight.

Cheers ;)

Version 1.5 Beta 2 is out. Read history for changes.

@schakan

Thanks for language update.

Can you and Lions test new version and post your results? If you get an error again, please post your log.

Cheers ;)

Feedback for Beta 3:

- The Slipstreaming was very smooth and succesful except that ChainedInstall didn't succedd. No trace att all on screen or in log. The log is attached. I also got one popup per hotfix ("Do you want to run this file") but maybe this is your intention.

- Created new .MST file with the output from the slipstreaming; No problem.

- Re-installed Office (Unattended installation); No problem.

All together it ran very smooth with my setup.

log.rar

@schakan

Thanks you for testing. Can you please explain few stuffs? Is adding Chained Installation successful in Office Slipstreamer but nothing is installed after Office installation? Can you upload your .ini file from FILES/SETUP from installation where chained installation does not work? And what about this pop-up's. Can you do one more slipstream and take a screen shoot of that pop-up? Thanks.

Cheers ;)

EDIT: Also, did you test your installation with Windows Update? Does any update appear?

Edited by mara-

Mara

To me it looked as the ChainedInstalled failed because I couldn't see anything of it. Nothing on the screen or in the log. When the slipstreaming was finished the path to the patch was still filled in the ChainedInstall pane. For SP3 and hotfixes the paths was blanked. After the Office re-install I ran the patch manually with no complains that it was already applied. As you can see in the attached log file there is an entry for ChainedInstall.

Document with the popup is attached.

Another thing that I noticed before: No registry entries have been added for the hotfixes. At least not in the regular place: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\hotfix

SETUPPRO.rar

Run_this_file.rar

Thanks for the explaining. Now, this thing with pop-ups is where strange and it was not my intention. This does not show for me when slipstreaming. Did this happen with any previous version? Also this can be because Windows XP protection. Open Properties of every hotfix and see if there is button "Unblock". If button exist click on it. And, I'm investigating this chained install thing. It seems that problem exist, I just need to find why is happening. Regular Place for hotfixes for English Language is

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\9040110900063D11C8EF10054038389C\Patches

and for your it should be here:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\d140110900063D11C8EF10054038389C\Patches

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

Yes, the reason for the popups was that the hotfixes was "Blocked". After Unblock of all hotfixes I got no popups.

Also the ChainedInstall patch was Blocked but after unblock the result is the same; Not integrated.

Sorry for misleading you about the registry entries; I wrote wrong. But note that the entries are still missing.

Cheers

Did you entered LCID Hex for your language before starting slipstream. Can you upload for me hotfixes.reg from FILE/SETUP. And is your Windows on Swedish too (or you used MUI pack to get Swedish language for XP. If this is true, then original language of your XP is english, right?)? I'm sorry for bothering you, but I need your help to solve this problems.