Graphic card question

m16si

I currently have Geforce 6600gt. And i want a to upgrade my graphics card to better run games: Graw2, Colin mcrae DIRT, Medieval 2 Kingdoms,...

I have a very tight budget so i was thinking of buying ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO or XT, 512MB GDDR2 but i found that there are many versions of Rx2600 some are with 512 ram or ddr2 or ddr3 or ddr4 ram.

I would like to ask which is the best i mean out of x2600.

What is the diffrence if radeon has HD, it has to to something with high definition right :D ?

Is it really a good upgrade from 6600gt to x2600xt or pro ?

Thnx m16si

The ATi 1950xx series are cheap now, way better then the HD26x0xx series, but we would like to see how tight your budget is...

it's $135 with a $10 rebate, and it seems decent enough for the likes of me ;)

Newegg only sells in the USA....

the geforce 8600GT seems to beat the HD2600XT except in 3dmark06. but you could get a 8600GTS to outperform the HD2600XT but from reviews i've read (and if i'm not mistaken, advice by other members on the forum) the 8600 series is too weak to play most DX10 games well.

i own a sapphire X1950Pro and i'm very happy with it... except in overclocking capability. if you want to overclock well do not get a X1950Pro. you could go for X1900XT but it does look far on the expensive side compared to X1950Pro. but i wouldn't get the x1950 xt, the x1950 pro has a better price-performance ratio according to reviews and if you CAN get it overclocked decently (which i'm not sure is altogether possible) the x1950 pro is a good option.

just my 2p (or 2 cents :P)

Edited by clidx