mobo: FOXCONN MCP61SM2MA-ERS2H AM2

processor: AMD A64 X2 4600+ AM2 with a coolermaster AM2

memory: 2x Kingston 1024MB DDR2

hdd: SEAGATE 250Gb SATA

DVDwriter: LITE ON black

GEFORCE 7300GT 512MB PCIE

screen: OEM model MA9KKA 19" widescreen

keyboard and mouse: YOURS! WIRELESS DESKTOP MX7005

any suggestions what not to do, what to change etc?

thanks in advance

Martin

Hi~

Could 1# post the purpose (what to do) with this computer???

PS:

Foxconn's mainboard is good, because I have bought several, not appear faults...

In my country, ASUS Mainboard's price is high, and quality is medium...

An example is, a mainboard designed by Foxconn sells 500 as the ASUS sells 800:(

another...7300GT with 512MB?

It is too large...256MB is about OK...I think...

and...

How about 320GB+ HDD?

Edited by xlfdll

Hi~

Could 1# post the purpose (what to do) with this computer???

PS:

Foxconn's mainboard is good, because I have bought several, not appear faults...

In my country, ASUS Mainboard's price is high, and quality is medium...

An example is, a mainboard designed by Foxconn sells 500 as the ASUS sells 800:(

another...7300GT with 512MB?

It is too large...256MB is about OK...I think...

and...

How about 320GB+ HDD?

The purpose for this computer is for me... wanna play some good games once in a while, but also want to be able to upgrade in a year or so. Thats also the reason i take a 512MB vid. card.

hdd for now is enough i thought... overall in this configuration will cost me 700 euro, if i have lack of space i can always place another hdd, at least i thought so ;)

@damain: my budget is not too big (around 700 total) so i thought that this system would do it. If i take a intel C2D it will be more expensive. If someone can give me a good reason to NOT take AMD i will take an Intel.

martin

A 7600 series with 256MB of RAM would perform much better than a 7300 with 512. See if you can squeeze that into your budget.

Personally, I'd still go with an Intel system over AMD. AMD is hitting roadblock after roadblock, and their "new and improved" barcelona systems are really a bunch of crap (compared to current Intel processors, and next-gen Intel).

Do you have any sites that you'd be buying these parts from? That way we could help find you a parts list for this system. :)

My suggestions...

Intel, forget AMD, they're dead.

Don't buy a 7xxx series video card, buy an 8xxx series. You can buy very reasonably priced 8xxx series such as the 8500 or 8600 GT.

And get OCZ memory instead of Kingston, same price, same warranty, better performance.

zxian and jcarle, thanks! Personally i was having my doubts about AMD too but the man in the shop seemed very convinced. As for the videocard... i will def. take a 8xxx serie then.

any suggestions on the screen i should buy? The one listed here is an oem build thing (no brand or something, so not sure about this one)

websites where I will prolly order my stuff: http://www.sallandautomatisering.nl/ and http://www.informatique.nl

yes...I agree, too. 7300 with 512MB has poor performance...

using a higher performance chip instead is a good idea...

screen...I use ViewSonic, LG, and Samsung...

em...likely have not any problems...

and 700 euro?

I think if the computer hardware sells expensive in Europe?

because...this price in my country could buy a computer with X1950GT Video Card...

AMD...same as my country...only advantage is low price...

our magazines even talk about what's the future if Intel change down the price of C2D without any law condition...

Edited by xlfdll

Now, we have a bunch of AMD haters here :P, I think I have to throw in my contra. Before we start to shout about things we don’t know, let’s take a look at the Dutch webshops what they sell. I would include Alternate and Mycom as well with those two other webshops as well.

Give me some time to make a good list. I presume that there is NO overclocking involved here?

--- EDIT ---

Salland gives the best prices, so used there webshop to make a list:

Sapphire RX1950pro 512MB										  139
AMD 4400+ X2, 2.3GHz 78
Asus Moederbord M2N-SLI Deluxe 96
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320 GB 74
G.Skill DDR2 Dual Channel 2048 MB, PC6400, 800 MHz 71
Lite-On DVD-RW LH-20A1H IDE 29
Antec Behuizing NSK4000 Zwart, Zilver, Geen Voeding, 1 X 120 Mm 38
Corsair Voeding VX450 450 Watt 66
Acer TFT AL1916WAs 19 Inch 165
Logitech Desktop Cordless MX 3200 Laser USB, Zwart 65

A total of 821 Euros incl. BTW. (VAT/TAX/IVA) excl. shipping...

There are other options if it realy needs to be 700 Euros but first I want to see what you have to say about it ;).

I'd personally go with the Intel setup that Punto suggested. I'd make one amendment though - if you want to save a bit of money, skip out on the MX3200 keyboard/mouse. It's a nice setup, but you can find a keyboard and mouse for cheaper.

I'd also chose Western Digital over Seagate, but that's completely personal preference. Everyone has their favorite brands and swears by different ones for different reasons.

Well, I said AMD (when no OCing), but with the aggressive price and some tweaking/OCing of that E2180, iNTEL could be a better choice although I have MartinL to OC his CPU a bit ;).

Maybe it's time you got off the sinking ship. AMD's like an injured dog with a bad leg being sold at giveaway prices to get someone to take him home.

Edited by jcarle

Well, I said AMD (when no OCing), but with the aggressive price and some tweaking/OCing of that E2180, iNTEL could be a better choice although I have MartinL to OC his CPU a bit ;).

Maybe it's time you got off the sinking ship. AMD's like an injured dog with a bad leg being sold at giveaway prices to get someone to take him home.

LOL! nicely put