MSI installer Problem (Norton Antivirus)

Hi all,

I have a problem with installing Norton AntiVirus 2007 every time i'm going to install it this message come to me

authenticationru1.jpg

So i think that it may be problem with my MSI installer so that i download the new one from Microsoft and it still give me the same problem. I also try to install any other software that need MSI service and it work ok. KasperSky for example working and install successfully

I also try to install my version Norton AntiVirus on another window xp and it work ok.

i.e.

MSI installer: work ok except with NAV

NAV : Have no problem in installing on another window

I think that the problem in my window

Btw, i don't wanna any one to tell me that i have to reinstall my window THis isn't a solution.

Hope that it is clear and any one can help me

Tell me when you bought the licence please...

Also, did you read the link the error gaves you?

You should update your software first before installing it on Vista.

All is automated on the site and can´t go wrong.

I'll troll, why are you trying to install Norton AntiVirus 2007?

Back to being helpful, it sounds like this problem only happens on Vista, is that your case too?

http://www.symantec.com/2007LCV1/

Many installation problems have been fixed in the latest 2007 Vista compatible product update. If you have Norton AntiVirus 2007 or Norton Internet Security 2007 that was purchased online before January 20 2007 or was purchased from a store before Feb 1 and you have a valid subscription, then you are eligible for the 2007 Vista compatible product update. To update your Norton program, click here.

If you have a trial or introductory subscription of Norton Internet Security 2007 or Norton AntiVirus 2007 (often provided by our partners with a computer or other hardware purchase), you must first purchase a regular subscription to be eligible to receive the 2007 product feature updates.

RENEW MY 2007 SUBSCRIPTION

If you purchased your product through your internet service provider (ISP), then you are not eligible for these new product feature updates. Please contact your ISP for information about any updates available for your product.

If you have the latest 2007 product, then go to the next step.

I agree with you! It does sound like a corrupted MSI installation.

No, it has nothing to do with the MSI install shield. It’s a bug in the older, read first public release, of the Norton suite.

@DigeratiPrime,

i know that, I was wondering if you had followed the link and downloaded the update from that page?
Sure i try this solution before post this topic.

=========================================================================

@RJARRRPCGP,

I agree with you! It does sound like a corrupted MSI installation.
No, i don't

If you read my topic from first you will find

MSI installer: work ok except with NAV
Which mean that the problem is resident in Norton it self as puntoMX say
It’s a bug in the older, read first public release, of the Norton suite.

=========================================================================

The good things that i Finally get the solution of this problem which is simply some .cat files that are needed to be in CatRoot folders !

But the bad things that i get another problem which occure after enter my Product Key and starting copy some files (look to be work ok !) i get this error:

9999171pc8.jpg

Symantec website for support and i will try there solution hope to work

then as usaul i go to

Edited by xtremee

The previous versions of NAV give the same error

I think that the case of this error is that NAV installer can't treatment with this path All Users\Application Data\Symantec i will try to find a solution for this !