Free Version of StyleXP offered by TGTSOFT

babis

strange.. I was just downloading the new beta5 for this comp..

and I saw this

http://www.tgtsoft.com/download.html

UXtheme util...downloading it right now and checking it out...

sorry if this is old news.....

this is the first time I've seen tgtsoft offer a free version of the original stylexp since they went shareware....

I'll re-edit how it works

*well it is basically the same old way to use the uxtheme.dll, they didn't automate it or anything*

oh well....

I downloaded it too. It's basically the bare bones resource hack to enable MsStyles, but the wording of the text file sounds so discouraging for you to install it. Basically they're trying to glorify their Styles XP software and you're on your own with the resource hack.

yup... very sad..

I mean I just checked now stylexp and wb3 both cost the same... If anyone actually will "pay" for such a util .. w/o a doubt you should buy wb

then you probably can afford getting those awesome wb skins.

Last night, I was surfing and found some really amazing wb skins.. but they cost somwhere in the range of $10-20 as they come in packs of other skins etc....

I agree with ya conan... they tried to glorify stylexp

tgtsoft is starting to upset me more and more these days...

I tried the UXtheme patch but it was so confusing to follow their instructions. I had an old copy of XP-Styles beta 1 and I tried installing it. It seems that it doesn't expire but only time will confirm this.

i tried it.. didnt work, first i couldnt get on as xp couldnt load explorer, so i had to rename the PAT file via commad prompt in safe mode, and its not allowed me to use styles... ill install WB, an i aint paying for it :)

fthrjack , if u want to use the mssstyles ... check the tutorial I posted.... there is a step by step and I'm about 99% it will work

here:

http://xp.modrica.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2070

and yes I'm sure ur not paying for wb ... probably getting off Fosi...

but the really nice themes are the ones that cost $$ .. anyhow after the 1st of feb if guiolympics allow us to download thier themes.. I'm sure we will get to check out some amazing ones!

• 2 weeks later...

the tutorial i wrote isn't for the uxtheme patcher from stylexp...

it's the uxtheme.dll file hacked by some other person.

you just download it and replace it with the original, but since it's a system file you'll need to follow the directions i wrote in the tutorial

I couldn't check the link you posted so I'm guessing you are talking about the tutorial of how to install a theme...

i just want to know the answer to this question:

i just tried the uxtheme patcher

one of the lines in the instruction is to look into c:windowssystem32dllcache and find the uxtheme.dll

i did go find and go into the dllcache directory

but i can't find uxtheme.dll in that directory

how about u guys?

babis...etc...those of u who tried the patch

i just want to know the answer to this question:

i just tried the uxtheme patcher

one of the lines in the instruction is to look into c:windowssystem32dllcache and find the uxtheme.dll

i did go find and go into the dllcache directory

but i can't find uxtheme.dll in that directory

how about u guys?

babis...etc...those of u who tried the patch [/quote:94408d4f35]

you can get a more easier to understand version of the UXtheme.dll patch here : http://xp.modrica.com/forum/showthread.php...=&threadid=2232

I actually prefer Skin Studio, but I did download both the stylexp beta 7 version and the stylebuilder. dont mind either of them, cant understand why these progs aren't freeware progs...cause seriously whos going to pay for a prog like this