New Video Card [Questions]

Nerwin

Okies guys, I just bought this video card > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...p?Sku=E145-7858

My Mobo does have PCIe X16 Slot But it only runs at 4X But does support any PCIe Video card.

No would this be better than my Integrated Graphics?

I think PCIe X4 runs around 2.0 GBps, Now is that faster than AGP 8X or 4X or Integrated Video?

I mean its kinda too late now, since i already bought the card, But i just been doing a lot of research, and to my findings, many of them say that Though its running at 4X not 16X there is not a big difference. But I dunno, I'm wondering what you guys thought about this.

Thanks For Your Time!

Cheers!

well it all depends on if the card itself can even use up 16x, which it definatly cannot. you are most likely losing some performance but i can't say how much. if you really want to know, do a 3dmark test and compare your results to others. it will still be better than onboard tho.

Yeah, its just everywhere i go and it says Video cards Running at 4X instead of 16x Only takes away like 5 FPS so thats bit really bad at all. and plus it should run around like 2.5Gbp/s and I dont think integrated will use 2.5Gbp/s and also the video card is not taking resoruces from my CPU and RAM so even my computer should be a lot faster too. Like my response time. I dunno. I mean i'm not playing video games or anything. Just pretty much doing daily basic things, but i do make movies and without a good video card it sucks, cause its really slow.

what mobo do you have?

This one > http://tw.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherboa...e=GA-8I915ME-GL

Yeah it might not be the best one, but it does work right now and i paid man 120 bucks for it when it just came out. it was a awesome mobo and still is and I like it. I know they say it has a Graphic card support list but i used many many cards. well most of them were tests from other machines to see why it dont work on others but i never had a issue with it yet. My new video card should work with it. but it should be a hell of a lot faster than integrated.

Your PCI-E is a 16x sloth with 1x speed, so 250MB/s is the max. on that. SOme video cards don´t work on 1x/4x PCI-E mobos so you have to try out the combination. If it works sure it will be a lot faster then your onboard VGA, bottleneck you will see most when you use larger textures and higher resolucions. Why didn´t you look for a 8600GT by the way?

Your PCI-E is a 16x sloth with 1x speed, so 250MB/s is the max. on that. SOme video cards don´t work on 1x/4x PCI-E mobos so you have to try out the combination. If it works sure it will be a lot faster then your onboard VGA, bottleneck you will see most when you use larger textures and higher resolucions. Why didn´t you look for a 8600GT by the way?

Well its 4X So its 2.0 Gbp/s PCIE starts at 1X :P Read more in the Video cards :P The 16x PCIe slot runs at 4X

Well I dont need much anything right now and I was on 150 bucks budget (included shipping and tax) and one of my friends has this and he overclocked this baby really good and it runs awesome, faster than a 8600GT :P MUAHUAAH!! But i need a new Mobo. But this will get me by for now. It should work for sure. When i get my new mobo i'm buying another one and doing SLI Cause thats all I need. I dont game. soo I just have a big monitor :P

Well I just got my video card today and its installed, and my god what a difference! its awesome!! its soo face, i did the test before i installed it and the test said 177 FPS and i did it when my video card is installed and it said 2300 FPS What a big difference, Thanks everyone!

:lol:

What game does 2300 FPS? :P

Good to hear that all works smooth and fast, have fun with it.

Well I dont think much games use 2300 FPS and when i get my new Mobo with full 16x slot it should be around like 5,000 FPS :P it is faster a hell of a lot faster its soo awesome! SLI will rock! I'm going to buy a second one when i order my new mobo.

I can play COD2 maxed out and i dont think it even sweats. now i just need a new CPU,, i'm thinking a Intel Core2 duo E6600 2.4 Ghz and some PC2 -8500, 2 gigs of it for sure and hopefully a raptor as well :P.