Idea for New Releases.

raymerjacque

Nuhi, instead of having to answer the posts of every second noob that registers here asking when the new release is due, why not post a sticky where you can simply do something like the following :

-------------------------------

Next release is [:::::::50% ] Done.

Something like the above would give people an idea that the release is still far off, or due soon and they won't pester you all the time. You can simply update the status of the post anytime you wish. that way there is no pressure on you.

Anyway, it was just a thought that occured to me.

Thnx for the great releases so far, as a technician Vlite has helped me alot :)

Edited by raymerjacque

Yeah I saw that thing at the Neowin forum.

New vLite is out on Monday in case someone is wondering.

For Autopatcher I understand why they must say when, it's hotfixes, people want it as soon as they are released...but for vLite there is no immediate threat :)

But seems like people are requesting similar thing over and over, I must have underestimated the addiction. Going to think about it, maybe write the approximate date on the website or something but that puts pressure on me, I want to be free to delay it if some bug is found during alpha testing without billion posts "where is it! it's 10th today!".

cool nuhi can't wait hope you have made a few new features that can be removed

just a off topic question if i remove windows upgrade since i dont plan on upgrading to a higher version of vista im happy with business will i be able to still use windows experience ? you know your computers score based on hardware

Nuhi, instead of having to answer the posts of every second noob that registers here asking when the new release is due, why not post a sticky where you can simply do something like the following :

Next release is [:::::::50% ] Done.

Something like the above would give people an idea that the release is still far off, or due soon and they won't pester you all the time. You can simply update the status of the post anytime you wish. that way there is no pressure on you.

Anyway, it was just a thought that occured to me.

Thnx for the great releases so far, as a technician Vlite has helped me alot :)

Or Nuhi, you can install a bug tracking system, as DriverPack's one ! It will be really useful .

@offtopic: Will vLite ever have an apps integration tab ?

Edited by iuli_kyle

I still waiting for the final version. I guess I just have to do what I can with your next release on Monday.

Project:

Trying to squiz Vista 64 onto 2 Gigabyte I-ram. It have 7 gigabytes of going raid 0.

What version of Vista should I use if I play game, do not need the media center, do video import/editing, need fax from word?

thanks

Yeah I saw that thing at the Neowin forum.

New vLite is out on Monday in case someone is wondering.

see i'm glad you mentioned, cause i was just about to make a new one today and i wouldve been P***** :realmad: to come home after work tomorrow and see a new version sittn there cause naturally like most i want the latest one, especially if it has new features like something new to remove or some added tweak.

so i think the % done thread is a nice idea even if its not released on that date at least i would have an idea if i want to redo my vista install or hold off.