New J2se Today

so it would be

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /VE /D "Sun JVM 1.4.2_03" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\SunJVM\j2re14203.exe"/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\SunJVM\sun.reg" /f

?

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\SunJVM\j2re14203.exe \"/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1\""

extra quotations should be as: \"

by the way, your reg entry should be numbered 2 (/V 2) otherwise it will overwrite your java installation entry.

Sun Java 14203 didn't get installed...here's my entry in main_batch.cmd:

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Sun Java VM 1.4.2.03

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\SunJava\Java14203.exe /s /v"/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1" REBOOT=Suppress

btw. I renamed the downloaded javapackage to Java14203.exe and put it in C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Install\Applications\SunJava\

bucketbuster, your quotation has to go on the end of Suppress instead of IEXPLORE=1. Other than that, I've no idea!

Since beppemito hasn't defined a path, its likely he put his java installation in the Windows\System32\ directory, in which case the installation can be executed from anywhere without needing a path.

I believe the correct syntax is:

(you need to backslash out quotes within quotes)

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "\"%systemdrive%\install\Sun JVM\j2re142 03.exe\" /s /v \"/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore,extra IEXPLORER=1 REBOOT=Suppress\"" /f

(the quotes around the path are only needed for filenames or folders with spaces)

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\SunJVM\j2re14203.exe /s /v \"/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore,extra IEXPLORER=1 REBOOT=Suppress\"" /f

I'm unsure about the /s /v "<parameters>"

/v passes parameters to the MSI package, including:

/qn which makes the MSI process silent

Its an InstallShield package with an MSI package inside

so i think /s or -s (same) could be used with a setup.iss

but in this case will hide the extraction/initialization process of the MSI by InstallShield

I don't think it makes any sense to use "/qn ADDLOCA..." without the /v

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\SunJVM\j2re14203.exe"/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1"" /f

I wouldnt think spacing matters here, but i guess it does

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\SunJava\Java14203.exe /s /v<space>"/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1"

Here's a link to the InstallShield switches(includes a link to MSI switches as well)

Oh and normally:

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\SunJVM\sun.reg" /f

would be a bad thing (running regedit with %systemdrive%) but it puts the path inside the registry entry immediately not the variable