HFSlip 1.5.0 Not integrate IE6 correctly

Fudeba

I tried to use HFSlip 1.5.0 but this not integrate correctly Internet Explorer 6 SP1. HFSlip 1.4.5 work perfectly.

See error in this image:

f_IE6m_92ac960.jpg

Other: My RegTwak also not working in 1.5.0. I have place regteak.reg in folder HFSVCPACK.

Another question: What best way to place and remove icons in a start menu from HFSlip during install?

My HFSlip LOG:

HFSLIP_LOG.TXT

Edited by Fudeba

You have hotfixes for IE5, IE6, OE 5.5 and OE6 in your HF folder. Please remove those for IE5 and OE 5.5.

Also, when slipstreaming IE6 but not the latest Windows Script 5.6 package, you need Windows2000-KB917344-56-x86-PTB.EXE and not Windows2000-KB917344-x86-PTB.EXE.

Hmmmm.... very strange! This related updates are reported on here:

http://users.telenet.be/tc76/winup/_win2k.html

But, i removed now hotfix for IE5 and OE 5.5 and replaced KB917344 to KB917344-56-x86.

In this moment HFSlip compiling and sliptream W2k.

I go to install the W2k in the VPC and place the results here in some minutes.

Ah... any tips from problem with regteak or this is related to problem with IE6 sliptstream?

And from better way to add/remove/replace icons on start menu during install?

Thanks!

It´s not strange, you have to have Java enabled to use TC76´s Page. :)

It´s interactive, you know ... ;)

Bytheway:

_IE6_HFSLIP.CAB

_IE6b_HFSLIP.CAB

_OE6_HFSLIP.CAB

Did you ever read the guides ?

NO "_" ! in front of the pathname !

AgiHammerklau

EDIT

Just checked your posts, so you´re "coming back" from nlite...

What about : Reading, Understanding, Doing ?

You can perfectly create a Source with HFSLIP and run NLITE over the Sourcess afterwards, all you have to do is :

(Sorry for being rude) RTFM ! before !

Agi Hammerklau

Edited by AgiHammerklau

Hmmmm.... very strange! This related updates are reported on here:

http://users.telenet.be/tc76/winup/_win2k.html

But, i removed now hotfix for IE5 and OE 5.5 and replaced KB917344 to KB917344-56-x86.

Quote: "If you wish to include a component, mark the checkbox next to it. This will dynamically update the lists below."

When you check Internet Explorer 6, the updates for Internet Explorer 5 and Outlook Express 5.5 go away.

Ah... any tips from problem with regteak or this is related to problem with IE6 sliptstream?
I haven't had problems with reg tweaks using 1.5.0 or the newest test releases, but it's always possible. Let's see how things go after you update your list with the correct hotfixes.
And from better way to add/remove/replace icons on start menu during install?
Sorry, but you'll have to be more specific than that. Do you want to remove shortcuts from the Start Menu? If so, you need to use the appropriate registry tweaks in your .REG file. You should be able to find answers when searching on the Internet.
It´s not strange, you have to have Java enabled to use TC76´s Page. :)
Java and JavaScript are totally unrelated. I'm using JavaScript... ;)
Bytheway:

_IE6_HFSLIP.CAB

_IE6b_HFSLIP.CAB

_OE6_HFSLIP.CAB

Did you ever read the guides ?

NO "_" ! in front of the pathname !

Those are actually created by HFSLIP. There's no problem with underscores that I'm aware of either....

Tomcat76,

Thank's again. Now working correctly. IE6 is splitstreamed and reg tweaks work again. Probably is corruption from IE5 and OE 5.5 hotfixes.

About shotcut in start menu, explain:

I want to add explorer shotcut to top of start menu, and remove icons created by default (Windows update, microsoft update, etc...) and replace in programs/acesssories shotcut to CMD.EXE and Explorer.exe to my custom shotcuts.

And add custom shotcuts to QuickLaunch.

Agi Hammerklau

I abandoned nLite because a very strange fact occours in w2k splitstreamed with this. Some programs not working correctly in w2k sliptstreamend with nlite.

Manual? ahahah... well... i read manual... but a LOT of doubt banal are not treated in the manual. The manuals always seem to mention the expert people. But to slow i learn! ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

Im having a trouble integrating IE6 to my Win2k. I followed the instructions on how to integrate IE6 from http://www.vorck.com/2ksp5.html the installation of win2k works perfectly fine but when I try to look the version of IE6 a error message pops up saying Error: blah blah blah. Then I open the Winnt folder I recieved a error message again.

I dont know what causing this problem.

I hope you guys can help me.

post-146759-1185860736_thumb.png

post-146759-1185860758_thumb.png

post-146759-1185860776_thumb.png

Log_file.txt

I have replied to your IM but I'll copy it here.

I see a few problems with that log. First off, you are slipstreaming IE5 and IE6 updates together. Secondly, there are several unsupported hotfixes. And third, you are including an update for MDAC 2.8 SP1 but you are not slipstreaming MDAC 2.8 SP1 (MDAC_TYP.EXE). Please use my hotfix list and don't include any other updates.

Please upgrade to the latest version of HFSLIP too.

I know that is a little hard to understand in the beginning, but if you only follow Tomcat76 dynamic list and you download the latest version of HFSLIP, there are any problems to slipstream IE6 nor any other updates (if they are supported by the script). I have been using HFSLIP for almost a year, and I tell you that is a very useful utility.

Yeah! your right about that at first it so hard to follow the Tomcat76 dynamic list but if you'll read the instructions carefully you'll find it too easy.

This is my first time to use hfslip, I never knew that this kind of software exist.

Man! what a great software! :thumbup:thumbup:thumbup