Automatically uncheck Allow Indexing...

Can anyone tell me how to Automatically uncheck Allow Indexing Service to index this disk (folder, files) in disk (folder) properties? Don't know any VB/JS script to do so. Is it possible for AutoIt? It is NOT the same as disabling the indexing service 'cuz it has to do with NTFS attributes

Can anyone tell me how to Automatically uncheck Allow Indexing Service to index this disk (folder, files) in disk (folder) properties? Don't know any VB/JS script to do so. Is it possible for AutoIt? It is NOT the same as disabling the indexing service 'cuz it has to do with NTFS attributes

Still again. I know how to disable THE INDEXING SERVICE. But every file and folder has an attribute called For Fast Searching, Allow Indexing Service to (what would you think of?))) index this file/folder! Furthermore, in VB there is a number for EACH file/folder attribute. For example, 2 is hidden, 1 is read-only, 4 is System, 32 - Archive bit set, 64-Link or shortcut, 2048 - Compressed file. But I didn't find here ContentIndexed file! does anybody know how to automate changing this attribute?

after i disable the indexing service with regtweaks i always check the files, go to properties>advanced options and there i see that it's ticked the "allow indexing service to..." but i don't know how to disable it for all files and folders :}

First you have to shut down the service of course but then

If you are going to disable Indexing service do this to all drives.

Uncheck the

Allow Indexing service to index this disk for faster file searching

Then click Apply.

You then Select Apply Changes to C:\, SubFolders and files.

Then click Apply again. May give error about unable, just click Ignore all.

I been searching a long time and sure i could code it but i just do it manually right now. I've read that this will speed up the system a little but it's one of those maybe it will maybe it won't. Mine is unticked on all drive's though.

• 13 years later...