Took a Stab at Home Cooling

Brando569

Other thought: When you replace that hose for a smooth walled one, it should work better ;).

its not really worth it, im not trying to spend any money and i should be getting a new case with water cooling within a month or two. thanks for the idea though.

Reminds me of the computer tower in a refrigerator project.

thats what my dad kept saying i should do :lol:

it seems to work decently when i have the ac fan on high and the temp all the way down. when i have it like that and my door closed ive seen the cpu temp go as far down as 28C :)

i do notice a little condensation in the bottle though, but thats most likely cuz the bottle is really cold and during the day the sun hits it. nothing gets in the case though.

i do notice a little condensation in the bottle though, but thats most likely cuz the bottle is really cold and during the day the sun hits it. nothing gets in the case though.

In the bottle or on the bottle? I could see it happening on the bottle as the inside is colder than the outside. Is the condesation forming between cycles of the window unit? Idle curiosity.

DL

This does get me thinking. If the AC unit is cycling, then between cycles, the exhaust fan is going to be pulling room air into the tower without any cold air from the AC. If components inside the tower have gotten cooler than the room air, you may end up with condensation inside your tower.

Edited by DL

the condensation is inside the bottle, i think i might have to ditch this whole idea cuz i think its screwing up the temp sensing of my AC. Ive noticed that my room isnt nearly as cold as it used to get when i would have it on full blast. Usually if its on high cool and the temp setting is at the coldest within 30 mins my room would be a freakin ice box, earlier tonight i walked into my room and with those same settings it felt like it was only about 60F. I took the bottle off the AC for the night to see if it makes a difference. One thing i noticed (idk if it was coincidence or not) but as soon as i took the bottle off the compressor for the AC kicked on and was blowing out really cold air once again.

@ripken: I thought you would enjoy this Kandalf LCS Review, ive mentioned this case over at DIY-street and they said the same thing that you did (its avg. water cooling and that i would be better off building a system myself). i decided to read a few reviews on it, the first one said the temp was at 44c under full load which i was like "ehh thats decent" but i forgot the guy was using a p4 extreme edition @ 3.2ghz. the second review was closer to what i have (which is the link i posted above), the guy used an athlon 64 x2 3800 at the stock clock speed and the temps were 30c under full load and 23c at idle, then he OC'd it to 2.52 ghz and the full load temp was 37c and idle was 27c. which i feel is good enough for my needs, if i need lower temps ill upgrade it.

Why dont you just leave your PC without the side pannel/overall cover of the case (whichever it's used when you pull out parts from the computer).

When I had one of those standard cases you get 5-8 years ago and would have 60c on CPU I discovered that by opening completely the case I would get 43c. Dust can form yes, but dust also gets inside if you use vents or other type of holes.