AMD 5200+ or E6320?

cumminbk

Taken from another site:

65nm Athlon 64 X2 5200+ at 2.7GHz Coming

Xbit reports that a 2.7GHz Athlon 64 X2 5200+ using the 65nm Brisbane process is coming this month. It is already on sale in China. It is significant because this is the fastest 65nm Brisbane chip at 2.7GHz.

This particular sample was made on week 11 of 2007, i.e. in mid March. Has it been “aging” all this time stacked somewhere safe, or AMD was so carried away by the price war against Intel that they simply forgot about the K8 processor modifications?

This CPU is available in Chinese retail at $158 for an OEM unit and the official wholesale price is $178. Note that AMD is going to drop the Athlon 64 X2 prices on July 9 by about 20%. Athlon 64 X2 5200+ also has a strategic mission to carry on: it will be the top processor in the Athlon 64 X2 family by Q1 2008. Higher ranks will be taken by Phenom processors. Athlon X2 BE-2xxx processors will be priced lower, while the lowest ranks will be occupied by the dual-core Athlon X2 LS-2xxx (Rana) from K10 generation but without the L3 cache onboard.

E6320. The performance is better (multimedia especially) and good overclockability.

If I remembered correctly, E6320 also runs cooler at stock speed.

Edited by Outcast

Too continue on Polarman´s post: The 4800+ X2 is already 65nm, it would be my choice if I bought a CPU right now for about 130-150 US$.

That CPU clocks easely to 3.2GHz and has 2 caches vs one for the core2duo, but the core2duo has a bigger cache like ripken already said... The AMD runs less hot but the iNTEL can use with the right mobo DDR3 (pricy still).

Any way, the question is: Do you, cumminbk, OC your new CPU or not? And do you want a 5200+/2.6GHz i.s.o. 4800+/2.5GHz (for a lower price).

Forgot to ask: What software do you run on it?

Edited by puntoMX

E6320! AMD have no option for C2D this time. so E6320 is worth to purchase! its a highly overclockable. over 100%!

i have seen many ppl running E6320 @ 3.7 GHz!! thts insane! go for it. look at mine config. below.

AMIT