xp install

bb100

I created an iso using dell SP1 Home XP, nlite 1.4 beta, and ryanvm update pack. All goes well until the last 9 minutes of the intsall with VPC 2007, which hangs on saving settings?

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem. Using WinXPPro SP2 with nlite 1.3 rc2 and RVM Update 2.1.10 was no problem except for File protection pop-ups. Thought I'd try nlite 1.4 beta and install hangs on saving setting with 9 minutes to go. The only thing I'm removing with nlite is languages and keyboards while installing drivers I've used many times before.

Home build system Mach Speed MB, AMD Athalon XP 2500, 1 gig Ram, 160 gig HD, Netcell Raid PCI.

Same problem here. XP Pro, SP2, Xable's update, DX9c addon. Narrowed it down to something removed in the OS options or network sections, or perhaps WMP (gave up once I found out it works fine in 1.3).

BTW, the first time I encountered this, it installed in VirtualPC - though "Saving Settings" took about 20 minutes - but sat there forever when I tried to install it for real...

Edited by LuminaryJanitor

Same problem here. XP Pro, SP2, Xable's update, DX9c addon. Narrowed it down to something removed in the OS options or network sections, or perhaps WMP (gave up once I found out it works fine in 1.3).

BTW, the first time I encountered this, it installed in VirtualPC - though "Saving Settings" took about 20 minutes - but sat there forever when I tried to install it for real...

Hi, I am having the same problem with 1.4, did you use 1.3.5 or 1.3.0 ?, thanks

Hello, had to register to post this.

I had same problem as you, after a bit searching I found out some guy who said removing cd from drive when installation is "saving settings" (actually I removed it sometimes after or during device installation, since it was no more needed) had helped him to get through that part. Of course I was sceptical but it was so easy to try it, and what do you know it went through it after all! I can only guess if it has some relation to interrupts or something but it worked for me.

Great software, sadly I could not squeeze out more performance with it though (at least not yet).

[quote name='I cleaned out everything I wanted to with 1.3.5, then used 1.4 for the handful of new removal options, and it installed fine, so it looks like it's one of the old options messing up the 1.4 install.

Can you be more specific please.

which version u used to slipstream the hotfixes the 1.3.5 or 1.4?

i have to used the 1.4 only for removal or 1.3.5?

and the full process (tweaks, unnattendend, integration and options) , will be in hands of 1.35 or 1.4

thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
disable sfc during setup. double check your language and keyboard settings you chose in nlite.

Or copy patched SYSSETUP.DL_ somewhere else, rename to SYSSETBCK.DL_ and replace the file in i386 (I don't remember the exact file name, take a look in i386 folder and you will find something like this). This will also disable sfc.

disable sfc during setup. double check your language and keyboard settings you chose in nlite.

I've been having the same problem, would you mind being a little more specific about how to disable sfc? and maybe what sfc is lol

thanks!

SFC is on the tweaks page where you select if you want to enabled unsigned themes, Mouse Polling settings.

SFC stands for System File Check (correct me if im wrong) and it just checks to make sure you havent deleted/modified any important files and if you do then it replaces it with a backup

Ok, how about turning OFF SFC during installation and then back on after first boot?
This is just like nLite is doing when you don't choose SFC disabling on the tweaks page ;)

During installation nLite uses patched SYSSETUP.DLL, and by the end of installation it is replaced by original file.

But there is probably some bug with SFC here that is why disabling SFC permanently was recommended in this case :)