AutoIT opinions...

#rootworm

autoit sucks, avoid it like the plague.

it runs okay 90-95% of the time, rest of the time it will figure out a way to mess up.

you can check out MSFN's own WPI:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=93

personally i use Microsoft's StartCD. it's small, fast, compatible and it looks good. though i'm not sure how legal it is to use for commercial purposes.

i talked about StartCD in this thread.

bah. i just noticed that you started the very thread i linked to. :blushing:

Edited by #rootworm

autoit sucks, avoid it like the plague.

There is NOTHING in the unattended installation world that AutoIt cannot accomplish. You just need a willingness to learn.

Thanks. :)

@#rootworm

Your words were not required and plain disrespectful.

disrespectful to whom? autoit?

encouraging someone to use anything other than autoit isn't disrespectful, it's just solid advice.

i'm sorry for not liking autoit. it's inefficient, slow, and buggy. also, i think autoit encourages people to make bad design decisions and implement autoit hacks instead of addressing the real problems at hand.

just because someone recommends something and i disagree doesn't make me a bad person. this is a board for discussion. i didn't use foul language and i didn't spout any personal attacks. i did use some strong words, but a program this terrible deserves strong words. it's a scourge to be reviled by self-respecting scripters everywhere.

please send the MSFN management my best regards,

-root

it's inefficient, slow, and buggy
Wrong on all counts, my friend.
it's a scourge to be reviled by self-respecting scripters everywhere
No, actually it is a key tool that should be in the arsenal of every self-respecting unattender, in my opinion. It's a bit daunting at first, I will agree, but a person of, say, average intelligence, can learn to use it correctly.
i think autoit encourages people to make bad design decisions and implement autoit hacks instead of addressing the real problems at hand
Perhaps you should visit the AutoIt forum and review some of the "bad design decisions" being implemented over there. Careful: that forum leaves newbie heads swooning. Not sure what you mean by the second part of your rant, but AutoIt has become my "go-to" scripting solution in every instance. And it NEVER fails me.

Real bad form when a user knocks a solution just because THEY can't implement it correctly. There are some pretty serious AutoIt users on this forum, and with good reason.

#rootworm, you stand alone with that opinion. I'm sorry you fail to grasp the full power of this utility.

Most dedicated users of these forums know that when it gets tough around here,

AutoIT will lighten the load. It has rescued me on several occasions as being

the 'correct' solution to a difficult situation.

* TOPIC SPLIT TO ITS OWN THREAD TO CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION *

disrespectful to whom? autoit?

encouraging someone to use anything other than autoit isn't disrespectful, it's just solid advice.

i'm sorry for not liking autoit. it's inefficient, slow, and buggy. also, i think autoit encourages people to make bad design decisions and implement autoit hacks instead of addressing the real problems at hand.

just because someone recommends something and i disagree doesn't make me a bad person. this is a board for discussion. i didn't use foul language and i didn't spout any personal attacks. i did use some strong words, but a program this terrible deserves strong words. it's a scourge to be reviled by self-respecting scripters everywhere.

please send the MSFN management my best regards,

-root

Solid advice? :huh: Well aren't you confident.

You put down my offering with disrespect by putting down AutoIt and then boosted your own choice. I will not say anything bad about your choice as it is good choice also. You are certainly not a nice person at all. The only thing you have is a pathetic opinion as you cannot use a language that works. Go to the AutoIt forum and you will find plenty who love and support using AutoIt. There are plenty of AutoIt users at MSFN also who do not expose there use of it. They quietly use AutoIt without putting down others who use other languages like you.

So you think it is fine to go around spreading your opinion and putting down others and what they use. Why don't you go down to the local police station and tell them that they suck. I am sure they will sort you out good and convince you to keep your pathetic opinions to yourself.