WinXP SP2 & IE7 - Desktop icon

CharlyBrown

You are talking about the "IE7 installer" so I guess you didn't slipstream it this time. INSTALL.INS from BRANDING.CAB should be inside IE7_INST.EXE in that case. Can you verify that it is?

I always try to integrate it at T-13 because of the png-issue.

BTW... Was this file created with IEAK7? I'm having a hard time believing that because of this:

Wizard_Version=6.0.5730.1001

YES, it is! I was wondering about this version number as well because I expected to find something like 7.*

dotnet2.exe

If placed in HFSVCPACK, it should've been copied into SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK just like before. The only difference is that the current test release initiates the install from SVCPACK.INF (just like in the old days) instead of from HFSLIP.CMD.

I just received the mail: dotnet2.exe is present in the right folder.

You know... I'm beginning to think that there are files that fail to copy on your computer. The first ASMS.CAB file you gave demonstrates a problem that's really puzzling me. But I can only say that for sure once you follow up on my last post in the other thread.

Chkdsk /r is running.

Please don't mix things up! THIS thread is about the problems that I am facing in our company. It is independend from the other thread that is about the problems that I have at home. Nevertheless I doubt that my harddrive at home is defective. It is working pretty good without any issues until today. It's a 10k SCSI harddrive.

Please don't mix things up! THIS thread is about the problems that I am facing in our company.

You do realize that HFSLIP is for PERSONAL use. Do you plan on giving your paycheck to the developers for doing your work?

I made an offer to get a chance for at least a one-time-payment but Tomcat76 refused it.

Our company can not make any "donations". We would need some kind of service quote for "adjustments for enterprise use". If it would be accepted it might be payed. I can't guarantee it.

BTW: During the last weeks I am doing lots of testing for your project. As Tomcat said you don't have anyone else who tried to install from a network source.