razer death adder or logitech mx518?

BombaTwist

I don't get what's up with this "precision" you guys are looking for.

I have a regular optical mouse and its **** precise. I can move it on the screen one pixel at a time. Its fantastic for paint or really tiny photoshop pictures.

I'd be more worried about comfort and weight for gaming other than "precision". Even the no name ones have fantastic accuracy as it is.

im not trying to argue with you. i said that optical is more precise than laser, at least thats what i found doing some research. laser just isnt as precise. the mx518 and g5 are essentially the same mouse. the g5 has interchangable weights and a laser, thats about it.

ugh, i wanna go to a store and see the g5 and the mx518,

I called pcclub, office depot, officemax. they don't have the mx518. pcclub has the g5.

Tried calling bestbuy today but they were closed i think. Compusa here just closed down.

lol yea it does, i'll call bestbuy again later today, they were probably closed because of memorial day yesterday.

anyone got a list of local stores that sell computer stores that are located in alot of places? lol i can't think of any.

The MX518 has a glossy finish which gets dirty and uncomfortable quickly, but the G5 doesn't.

If you like the shape of the MS mice, you should maybe try the Habu.

You probably won't notice much difference in performance with any of those mice, since they all are considered gaming/high-end models.

Why not try shopping online?

Ok, I would want to do that too, but where I live we don't have that possibility so I'm not used to it.

I will probably also be buying a new mouse later this year, but it won't be the MX518 solely because of the glossy finish.

I am a fan of Logitech mice. I've seen far too many complaints on Razor's over the past few years to even consider them a choice anymore. If I were getting anything Razor, it would be the Microsoft mouse that was put out recently with Razor.

I work in a LAN center, and we go through mice pretty quick here. I have found however that logitechs tend to last longer with the punishment we give them here. In fact, we still have a couple of the old logitech MX300's laying around. I havn't personaly used the MX512 myself, but I have a G3, and a number of my friends and team mates have the G5. I personaly don't like the shape of the G5, or the texture. The G5 has a rough feel to it, I am assuming for grip with a sweaty hand. I don't like the texture though, feels kinda like a sheet of really fine sandpaper. I don't see the same type of thing on the 512 though, so maybe I should look into that. Personaly I don't like mice that form to the hand. I am absolutly in love with my G3 though, so consider that as well.

Oh, and another reason I didn't go with the G5 is the weights. Personaly, I think a mouse should weigh what a mouse weighs. I don't really see a need to add 15 grams of weight to a mouse. I play a ton of games (as expected from a lan center employee), and my G3 gets me through all of them. One of the nice things about the G3 over the G5 as well is that the G5 has 3 sensitivty levels you can switch through, making it somewhat confusing to adjust on the fly if you need to, however the G3 only has 2 levels using 1 button to switch between them, so if I am going slow and I need a quick snap, I hit the button once, make my move, and then hit it again.

okay so i called bestbuy and circuitcity today

Bestbuy doesn't sell the mx518 or g5's anymore.... -.-

circuitcity only sells the g5.

How lame.

if i get the g5, i probably won't be using the weights at all. and as for the sensitivity switch, i don't like switching my sensitivity too much. It hurts me when im playing a match(yes i play cs competitively) on cs and switching sensitivity during the match because i wouldn't be able to get used to it.

So i'm pretty much looking for a solid gaming mouse that would be precise when im moving it, has a good feel when holding it(nothing awkward about it) and is not too heavy in weight.

Hi, just wanted to say something about the precision of the mice.

It all depends on the surface you use it. Optical mice normaly have a DPi of 800 while lasermice start at 1200 DPi. But that´s not all, lasers have a higher update frequency and work on more types of surfaces as far as I know. Only thing I´m not sure about if they work on mirrors, I know that the normal optical mice doesn´t.

But in the end, like the others say; Look how it fits, then look at the specs...

Just a tip, get a good surface too; gamepads make a great deal...

Edited by puntoMX

Only thing I´m not sure about if they work on mirrors, I know that the normal optical mice doesn´t.

Well, thats because its optical, on a mirror!

Why are you using a mirror anyways?

Why would I use a mirror? For the smooth surface.

It seems that lasermice work better on shiny/reflecting surfaces, so for sure my new mouse is going to be a lasermouse. It seems that they are cheap these days...

ugh.

im trying to get a replacement mouse for my a4tech x-750f, so i can sell it and just use that money to buy the new mouse.

But, a4tech doesn't have any numbers that i can call on the site, neither on the box. The place i bought it from (supergooddeal.com), the site has been down for over a week! how lame. -.-

I'm still on the search of a store that sells the mx518. >< Called radioshack also, no luck