Users and HFGUIRUNONCE

XibaD

Hi!

One question: can HFGUIRUNONCE run installations if you create a winnt.sif file to logon with another user? Because when I do (I mean when I don't logon as Administrator) HFSLIP doesn't run the proper installations (in my case .NET 3.0 and Windows Defender).

Another weird issue (that I think it's not related to HFSLIP but I ask you anyway) is that when I create users by this method, I only get limited users created. How could this be possible???

I'm pretty confused, maybe the limited user fact is the one that does HFSLIP not running startup installations?

Thanks for the answers in advance...

I really can't answer the 1st question, but I can help with the make users issue you have. Creating users isn't HFSLIP related. Can you please state your OS and can you post your CMD file? You'll need to ZIP the cmd or rename it to TXT before posting. Also please post the snipped "COMMANDS" part of your winnt.sif file.

Well I'm not quite sure of fully understanding you, but I hope this info is what you asked for.

I add a $OEM$ folder. Inside I create a file named cmdlines.txt with the text:

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
AutoPartition=1
MsDosInitiated="0"
UnattendedInstall="Yes"
AutomaticUpdates=yes

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=FullUnattended
OemSkipEula=Yes
OemPreinstall=Yes
TargetPath=\WINDOWS
UnattendSwitch="yes"
WaitForReboot="No"

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=MYADMINPASSWORD
EncryptedAdminPassword=No
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=105
OemSkipWelcome=1

[Display]
BitsPerPel=32
Xresolution=1024
YResolution=768
AutoConfirm=1

[UserData]
ProductKey=MYPRODUCTKEY
FullName="XibaD"
ComputerName=MYCOMPUTERNAME

[TapiLocation]
CountryCode=34

[RegionalSettings]
LanguageGroup=1
Language=00000c0a

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup=MYWORKGROUP

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Components]
msmsgs=off
msnexplr=off
freecell=off
hearts=off
minesweeper=off
pinball=off
solitaire=off
spider=off
zonegames=off

[Shell]
DefaultStartPanelOff = Yes
DefaultThemesOff = Yes

Well, there are no weird commands, I think.

If I use nlite to create winnt.sif, it happens exactly the same (when an user is created and given Administrator privileges, it logs on like a limited user and HFGUIRUNONCE commands are not executed).

Thank you Super-Magician for the codebox tip :P

Thanks for your help :)

Edited by XibaD

If it means anything, my cmdlines.txt looks like this:

[COMMANDS]
".\name_of_file.CMD"

And in my name_of_file.cmd I have this:

%windir%\system32\net user NameOfUser password /add

etc

Windows setup isn't too smart, there are a lot of environmental variables that don't exist, so you need to spell out the directory of EXEs, etc.

Also, instead of a reg to do the autologon, I use REG ADD commands. They seem to work better than regedit files, but to each their own.

%windir%\system32\REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /V DefaultUserName /T REG_SZ /D USERNAME /F > NUL
%windir%\system32\REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /V AutoAdminLogon /T REG_SZ /D 1 /F > NUL
%windir%\system32\REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /V DefaultPassword /T REG_SZ /D MYPASSWORD /F > NUL
%windir%\system32\REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /V DefaultDomainName /T REG_SZ /D DOMAINNAME /F > NUL
%windir%\system32\reg add "hklm\software\microsoft\windows NT\currentversion\winlogon" /v DontDisplayLastUserName /t REG_SZ /d 0 /f
%windir%\system32\reg add "hklm\software\microsoft\windows NT\currentversion\winlogon" /v ForceAutologon /t REG_SZ /d 1 /f

Well, I tried your method tommyp, and the results are the same. Windows adds a new user, called XibaD, it auto logs on, but its a limited user (I don't know why), so gui run once commands are not executed, nor desktop preferences (visual styles etc) are applied. I don't know how to solve this problem :(

Thanks anyway to all :)