Driver Packs for Windows 95,98/98SE,ME

I am happy to report that the problem with the cursor disappeared after the next reboot, and has not returned.

I reinstalled the ASUS video driver 6.31c and am using it now. Like version 2.17, it skewed the image quite a bit to the top and right side of the screen at all refresh rates except for 75Mhz. At 75Mhz it was slightly off, but within my ability to set it perfectly with the ASUS horizontal and vertical display controls. Everything looked fine at 75Mhz... until I rebooted.

After the next boot, the screen was slightly skewed to the right again, but far far less at 75Mhz than at any other refresh rate. This time I used the Hitachi 630 monitor's OnScreenDisplay menu to adjust the image slightly to the left. Once it was perfect I pressed the save button on the monitor. Then I rebooted again. This time the display was still perfectly centered even after the next reboot. I don't know why the screen skews so much to the top and right at other refresh rates. All I know is it seems to be more than the monitor and ASUS display controls can correct, even when added together. At 75Mhz I can center the image onscreen with the ASUS controls set at default, and the Hitachi monitor controls all set between 40-60%.

I made notes on the display driver details in 2.17 before swapping, and 6.31c afterwards. The date stamp on the 6.31c driver has a later date (10-31-2000) than the 2.17 driver (05-04-1999), but the 2.17 driver has a higher version number (4.11.01.0216) than the version 6.31c driver (4.10.01.1001-990609). The ASUS Display Controls have an extra tab, howver, in version 6.31c. The title of the extra tab is 'Advanced'. It has four tabs of its own labeled Direct3D VR, Direct 3D, OpenGL VR, and OpenGL. Several of these tabs mention something called 'Stereoscopic Mode.' I have no idea what this means, but these extra tabs are the only difference I can see between versions 2.17 and 6.31c. As I noted earlier, version 31.40H would not even load. All it did was complain that 'No ASUS Graphics Card was found' and exit. So, except for the internal version number, it looks like 6.31c was the last driver that supported my ASUS V3400TNT graphics card.

I guess the next thing I need to learn is how to add 6.31c to the driver packs. I have all the files in their own folder, can I just add them to the UBCD as is, or do they need to be merged into an existing driver pack? The readme in the drivers folder describes how to modify the INF file. The folder where WinRar is installed has Rar.exe, UnRar.exe, and WinRar.exe. The only one I'm familiar with is WinRar. Is Rar.exe the DOS version?

Do I just put all these files for 6.31c in the drivers\packs folder, open a dos window and type 'Rar a DP_w98_1.01.exe' (without the quotes)? What if existing files have the same filename? Does the command need other switches to maintain a 'self-extracting' format? Thanks.

Again, my apologies for not testing these drivers earlier, but a job interview and a broken vehicle set me back a little. I got back to testing drivers as soon as I could.

Do I just put all these files for 6.31c in the drivers\packs folder, open a dos window and type 'Rar a DP_w98_1.01.exe' (without the quotes)? What if existing files have the same filename? Does the command need other switches to maintain a 'self-extracting' format? Thanks.

You need the DOS RAR module which is available from their website. I've also sent you a PM. I wonder what it could be? :lol:

• 4 months later...

:hello: hey there,

i'm making a new version of the UBCD and i want to include updated driverpacks. If you have any suggestions as to what to add, please say something. Obviously suggest the drivers your Win98 machine uses so maybe you'll want to use the project! :thumbup

Please see the first post for the current list and contents.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I found that MBA Biostar MCP6P-M2 has nForce 430 and GPU 6150.

Sound is HD but i have a few old sound cards.

I would like to buy this board to play with it and 98SE,but...

Does this chipset work with your driver pack?

• 3 weeks later...

Intel Chipsetdrivers --Inf Update Utility 6.30.1007

--http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

--http://www.computerbase.de/downloads/treiber/mainboards/intel/intel_chipsatztreiber/

Terratec Sounddrivers --DmxFire

-- http://www.opendrivers.com/company/2764/te...r-download.html

Samsung Display Drivers (Syncmaster )

--http://www.yournewdriver.com/s/samsung/

Cnet --Ethernet

--http://www.zdnet.de/treiber/man_prod_ud/cnet_netzwerk-karten_ud-wc.html

http://www.download.com/Realtek-RTL-Gigabi...4-10278840.html

:hello: hey there,

i'm making a new version of the UBCD and i want to include updated driverpacks. If you have any suggestions as to what to add, please say something. Obviously suggest the drivers your Win98 machine uses so maybe you'll want to use the project! :thumbup

Please see the first post for the current list and contents.

Hi,

The quote above is not really relevant. I wanted to draw your attention to your signature. The link to the unattended boot cd does not work and a search does not find the thread. Can you update that link, please? I'm almost there but not quite.

TIA

Sweet William.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi ...

Got a question about exactly how do I use these Win 98 Driver Packs? I downloaded all seven packs and unzipped them into seven Pack folders. I planned to just burn the unzipped folders to a cd just to have the drivers handy if ever needed. How are these driver packs meant to be used? I'm just not sure how I would get a driver out of them if I needed one. Do I have to install the packs on my computer in someway (which I don't want to do!) or just search the cd somehow? Just not sure what I am looking at or how to use these downloads. Also, is there a way to look at these packs just to see what drivers are in there ... I get the impression that every driver for Win 98 is in those seven downloads. Is this correct? thanks ...

duffy

Got a question about exactly how do I use these Win 98 Driver Packs?...I get the impression that every driver for Win 98 is in those seven downloads. Is this correct? thanks ...

Most motherboard related hardware drivers for Windows 98SE are there.

Each driver pack has INF files for various hardware.

Read the first post for more information.

If you install a new piece of hardware and Windows asks for a driver, you can point to each (extracted) driver pack until it finds the driver, ...or doesn't.

Also, in Device Manager, the driver packs can be used to install drivers for unknown devices (if they exist).

Some of this topic focuses on using MSBATCH.INF to integrate the driver packs into a Windows 98SE install CD.