somebody help about maxtor hardisk

davidyeap88

somebody know about maxtor hardisk got a software can find back our data whatever we wrong format the partition or our partition is lose or broke....i got hear tat software before..somebody got hear before or got this software please tell me or give....urgent please....my data are so important to me........

If you just formatted the partition, easier way out is using TESTDISK:

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

It is STRONGLY advised to remove the drive from that PC and attach it to another one as "slave".

If you need to perform a recovery of the files (as opposed to partition fixing needed for a wrong format operation with TESTDISK above), you should make a complete byte by byte copy of the drive to another one BEFORE attempting a recovery and perform the recovery on the copy, NOT on the original.

AND, you will need enough free space on the "recovery machine" to save the recovered data.

A suitable program is the companion of TESTDISK (PHOTOREC) or this program from CONWAY:

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

All the above are FREEWARE.

There are severa other COMMERCIAL softwares that might do the job.

Depending on the value you think your data has, you might however want to ask for a Professional service, an "easy" job like recovering partition data should be quoted around or below 100 US$, data recovery, depending on how much damage the filesystem has can range from a few hundred dollars to as much as several thousands.

This is why it is so important to have a byte by byte copy, should your DYI job fail, you still have the ORIGINAL disk on which a professional can attempt ither methods.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

If your data was so important, why didn't you make a backup?

Your best option would be to use R-Studio or Runtime GetDataBack, neither are freeware.

Damaging a partition isn't necessarily the end of your data, but if you used some erase tool that is designed to overwrite data numerous times, then I doubt you'd be able to successfully recover anything.

Another option would be to have it professionally recovered by hardware means.

If you're just talking about music and whatnot, just re-download them and burn them to CD/DVD.

• 2 weeks later...
my question is somehow related so i guess ill have to post it here too..

do you have any idea what software to use when fixing a bad block in maxtor??

thnx

You can download Maxtor's disk repair tools from their website.