Leave SFC on and not get WFS popups?

Toad21

Dexter, and Hi everyone else.

I am having the same problem. With the 'Windows file protection error'. I did not add IE7 but still get the errors. I am new to nLite, but have not been able to figure out how to add the 'Rvm packs' that you refer to. Here is how I did the nLite image:

WinXPSP2

'kb'.exe files (85 updates) per nLite (see note below)

Attended or Unattended (I have tried both)

No tweaks

I removed about 10 windows updates - including wmp11, and some .net updates

*** Note*** nLite has a link to get the RVM Update pack, but as of yet, I have not found out how to incorporate this. Which, might be part of the problem.

If someone can offer some advice, links-guides-faqs on how to add the RVM update pack????

Hi!

I have same problem with Windows File Protection. I used nLite 1.3 Final to integrated IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu, IE7-KB928090-WindowsXP-x86-enu,wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu,RVMAddonsDX9_1.3.7z,RVMUpdatePack2.1.9.7z,RVMAddonsWGAN_1.7.18.1.7z,WindowsMedia11-KB929399-v2-x86, IE7-KB929969-WindowsXP-x86-enu and some addons. Installation of Windows went well, but what ever I do in my system I get dialog with Windows File Protection. For example, I attached my mp4 for the first time, and message New hardware was found showed in tray, and windows installed it automaticaly but after that I got Windows File Protection dialog.

Is this some bug in nLite or what?

Anone have some solution?

Edited by mara-

@ mara-

Installation of Windows went well, but what ever I do in my system I get dialog with Windows File Protection. For example, I attached my mp4 for the first time, and message New hardware was found showed in tray, and windows installed it automaticaly but after that I got Windows File Protection dialog.
have you disabled SFC from the patches windows? try to enable deletion of cat files too ...

@ D1s7urb4d

*** Note*** nLite has a link to get the RVM Update pack, but as of yet, I have not found out how to incorporate this. Which, might be part of the problem.

If someone can offer some advice, links-guides-faqs on how to add the RVM update pack????

i don't know exactly if you're referring to this: RyanVM's Windows XP Post-SP2 Update Pack ... scroll down & you'll see DL link for the pack ... you simply add/insert the pack just like any addon or hotfix in the hotfix/addon portion

@ mara-

QUOTE(mara- @ May 9 2007, 08:00 PM)

Installation of Windows went well, but what ever I do in my system I get dialog with Windows File Protection. For example, I attached my mp4 for the first time, and message New hardware was found showed in tray, and windows installed it automaticaly but after that I got Windows File Protection dialog.

have you disabled SFC from the patches windows? try to enable deletion of cat files too ...

No I did not disabled protection, and I dont want to do that.

And how can I enable deletion of cat files?

Edited by mara-

No I did not disabled protection, and I dont want to do that.

And how can I enable deletion of cat files?

there is an advanced button when you get to Hotfixes & Update Packs ... you can disable it from there ... prompts would always be there if SFC is not disabled ...

• 2 months later...

I too would like to leave SFC on for safety reasons. I get the SFC popup every so often when installing something. My question is when is has the popup saying that files have been replaced by unrecognized versions windows must restore original versions insert Win XP SP2 disc. When that popup happens is it notifying me that important files are now replaced by wrong versions and that SFC isn't working anymore? Am I supposed to put the XP disc in? Is any functionality broken? In Nlite I didn't disable SFC. I don't mind the longer install time so long as OS integrity is ensured and no extra registry hacks must be taken after it is installed.

Edited by xenon2050