Help With C2D Build

3aces

If you keep waiting for price drops you'll wait indefinitely. There's always either another price drop or the "next best thing" right around the corner. :)

The total price for the bundle and PSU would be £413.55. I don't know what your shipping charges are like but I would think you'd still be within your £500 budget.

If you keep waiting for price drops you'll wait indefinitely. There's always either another price drop or the "next best thing" right around the corner. :)

That is indeed true, but the 22nd claims to be the day were all been waiting for.....i will atleast wait for this date before buying anything...i could save up £50, which in thoery means DRINKS ON ME :thumbup lool

The total price for the bundle and PSU would be £413.55. I don't know what your shipping charges are like but I would think you'd still be within your £500 budget.

yeah that is indeed certain i will be in my £500 budget, but ill wait for the price drop see if i can sqeeze a 2.4ghz cpu out of it

yeah that is indeed certain i will be in my £500 budget, but ill wait for the price drop see if i can sqeeze a 2.4ghz cpu out of it
You probably already could...it's only about £24 more. But yeah...the 22nd is only a few days away. It wouldn't ship over the weekend anyway so you'd still end up waiting a few more days before it arrived. :)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct....&subcat=791

You probably already could...it's only about £24 more. But yeah...the 22nd is only a few days away. It wouldn't ship over the weekend anyway so you'd still end up waiting a few more days before it arrived. :)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct....&subcat=791

yeah i was jsut looking at that, but i read somewere that the RAM bundleded isnt good at overclocking unless you up the voltage, but i want to aviod that.

ill see if i can find it and post it here

Yeah, the 2.4GHz deal is better in two ways:

1. It has CAS4 memory

2. The CPU has 4MB cache instead of 2MB cache

That's definitely the deal I'd go with.

yeah thats what i decided, im also looking into increasing my budget a little bit, i booked in overtime at work lol :blink:

but hopefully should be able to get it up by about £80-£100

But another question i wanted to ask, i want to obvisouly overclock this cpu, is it ok to go fanless cpu cooling while doing this, and if i can, is there any reccomendations of any particular brand of heatsink to use???

Well l will look into that one. Seems very interesting so far. Obviously I will be using arctic silver 5! unless its not the best compound anymore!!!!!!!!!

I personally always use Arctic Silver 5, thought there's been controversy as to whether or not it actually makes a real difference.