what do i do next

diablo1

i ran hfslip and now i have two more folders one called sourcess and another work folder in the hfslip folder.... out of those two folders what ones do i need and do i add both new folders to the rest of the windows pro 2000 copy to burn as a slipstreamed CD?? the sourcess folder which contains a i386? what do i do with the work folder than contain several other folders for example dx9,dx9 extras,i 386e, ie6exp, and some other folders and files???

The SOURCESS folder is the one that contains the slipstreamed Windows.

However, it will seems to me that your slipstreaming process is incomplete or have some errors, since HFSlip usually cleaned up after it processes all the hotfixes and you should not see s Work folder after slipstreaming completes.

got several errors, one when windows2000-kb925902-x86-enu.exe started, a box popped up asking to run , i hit run it and said not a valid win32 application. said access deined for this hotfix when i ran hfslip a 2nd time... also winscript5.6 was extracting, asks do i want to overwright said yes to all

... then just showed 0 files copied..

saw in the hfslip process when it came to ie6exp

file not found...

kb832414_msxml2.5_x86.exe

0 files copied

also the work folder remains

any solutions to correct it?

thanks

Edited by diablo1

Are you running a current version of HFSLIP? Please zip up and post your log file.

If you receive a "Not a valid Win32 application" error message, your hotfix is likely corrupt. Try redownloading it. The WORK folder remains if the HFSLIP program is interrupted and closed. HFSLIP should automatically remove it on the next run.

Are you running a current version of HFSLIP? Please zip up and post your log file.

If you receive a "Not a valid Win32 application" error message, your hotfix is likely corrupt. Try redownloading it. The WORK folder remains if the HFSLIP program is interrupted and closed. HFSLIP should automatically remove it on the next run.

It is corrupted! Tip, you can test hotfixes with 7-Zip. If 7-Zip displays "X is not supported archive" then it's corrupted!

HFSLIP.log is in the main HFSLIP directory ... for example

G:\

---> HFSLIP (this is where it is together with the cmd! :) also present in SOURCESS unless you specified in HFANSWER.INI not to copy it)

------> FIX

------> HF

------> HFSVCPACK

------> "others"